Nearby Cut And Shoot, Texas (Air Miles)
Sams Club?I-45:88 2000 Westview Blvd (Located To Block)
18700 State Hwy 105 West
Omega Farms Rv
(936) 90-3800
3040 College Park Dr
Castaways Rv
Castaways Rv Park & Campground-12922 Longstreet Rd.
Rpi- Tx Castaways Rv Park/Cg (On Lake Conroe) 12922 Longstreet Rd Conroe
Castaways Cg
Timber Lodge Rv
Sams Club?I-45:77;76 19091 Interstate 45 S (Located To Block)
Rpi- Tx Timber Lodge Rv 5260 Hwy 150 W New Waverly
Cut And Shoot
Country Place RV Park
2014-09-05 13:29:53
Cut And Shoot, Texas

yes  yes  no  question  yes  question  question  no  question  question
yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  no  question  question
We stayed here from the last of May to the last part of August, 2014. This qualifies me to make certain statements, pro and con, about this park. This may be lengthy. Bear with me. The park is located in Cut N Shoot, Texas, on the outskirts of Conroe, north of Houston. From the looks of the area, this isn't a Texas showplace town, but it is quaint and has its own uniqueness. Don’t let that detract you from this park. The owners work hard at trying to keep the area maintained. The park has over seventy sites with full hookups. Some sites are concrete pads…some are concrete runners…some are gravel…all the roads are crushed rock/gravel. Our site was concrete runners and level from side to side. The only leveling required was from front to back. The park is divided into basically two section separated by two ponds with a dam/driveway to cross from one side of the park to the other. The front side of the park is more for short time campers…from one or two days, to a week or so. The back side is for long term customers. This portion of the RV park looks a little dated…some of the campers here are several years old. It was very quiet…after 9pm, there were hardly any lights on, except ours. The front portion of the park is newer and is where all the amenities are located. There are plenty of trees so you’re in the shade most all the time…helps with the electricity bill if you are monthly people. This park can accommodate most any sized rig and has 20, 30 and 50 amp hookups. • Check-in was easy. Jan (pronounced “Yan”) and Linda are the owners. Linda checked us in, and Jan escorted us to our site and helped get us positioned on the site. Upon check-in, you are given a map and three pages of rules for the park. The rules aren’t unreasonable. Most of the long term sites are kept up well. • Rates are very reasonable…the website advertises daily, weekly and monthly rates. The monthly rate is advertised as $315.00 per month, plus electricity. We reserved a site and upon arrival, we were told the price was 335.00 per month. When we asked about the advertised rate of $315.00, we were told they were “out of those sites.” We didn't complain as $335.00 is still reasonable, but I was a little taken aback when told that they were out of the advertised “$315 a month + electricity” sites. Make sure the price is what you want before your commit. By the way, our electric bill was around 90 bucks per month. • Pool was well maintained and clean. Pets are not allowed anywhere near the pool. • Country Place is pet friendly. There is no designated place to walk your pets, so anywhere is fair game. All the owners ask is that you pick up after your pets. Be respectful of others. Make sure your pets are treated for fleas….there are sand fleas here. Also, pets must be on a leash. • Meeting room – It’s fairly large, but I really don’t know how many it can accommodate. Parking is ample, but word of warning….do not park on the grass there or anywhere in this park. I’ve noticed some reviews where folks have been chewed out by the owner for parking on the grass. He works hard to keep it manicured as best he can, and there are signs everywhere warning of parking in the grass. If you park in the grass, and the owner gets upset with you, well, you earned that chewing out. • Security – There is a code for just about everything you use here, except the laundry room. There is a gate that is closed at night. There is a code for the gate, as well as the rest of the amenities, except for the laundry room. • Cable TV – There is none. But we did well with our antenna. We were able to pull in about 50 stations (including substations). If you don’t have a dish, and you get bored with antenna TV, there are movies to rent in the office. • Public bathroom/shower – We rarely used them, but they were cleaned every day by personnel. • Landry room – Ample enough for the park. There are three washers and as many dryers. The dryer to your extreme right runs for 90 minutes on your quarters…the others run for 60 minutes. The laundry room has an AC unit and it’s attached to a timer. However, it didn’t work during our stay, or it was cut off from the outside. If you use this for your laundry, I’d recommend you going early in the morning, or late in the evening because if you go during the middle of the day during the summer, it is unbearably hot…no air movement at all. • Internet – Probably my biggest complaint about this park. We had to have it for the wife’s work…not a luxury for us, but a necessity. The internet here is slow. It’s not because of the signal strength, but because of bandwidth. During the day, it was faster…not as many people on it. At night, it was much slower. If you’re planning on using something like a RoKu, or some other streaming device, you can forget about it. • Fishing – As stated before there are actually three ponds that are water runoff fed. These ponds are stocked with fish. You can fish here, but the park operates under the “catch and release” theory. • There is no garbage pickup at your camper. There is a dumpster available for you to place your garbage. It’s a good walk from the back side of the park, but no too bad. I didn’t mind it at all. In summary, my only real complaints were the internet, the difference in rates per month, and the lack of AC in the laundry room. Other than that, our stay was pleasant. Jan and Linda run a pretty tight ship. Jan is constantly working around the park. If you stay here, request to be placed on the front side of the park. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Stayed here last year 2013 for a month and again 5/2014 for month. Lovely place and very clean. The owners so very nice and so helpful. The take you to your spot and guides you in. Have ponds with fish. Very relaxing stay. Easy to get to. Yes will stay again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We camped here with a rally. The park is well-kept and the sites are level with double concrete runners to put your RV wheels on. Electricity and water were fine. The Wi-Fi was not working and the manager stated that "the parts were on order." We had a decent 4G signal on the Verizon Jet Pack and the phone. TV, with a batwing and attached "wingman" provided several stations. CBS was the only network. Check in was friendly and we were given a package with doggie treats and poop bags for our dog and a package of microwave popcorn for us. The fellow in the golf cart who showed us to our site helped us unhook as I was not too mobile. He offered to help us if we needed it. I thought that was a very nice gesture. I was on a walker as I fractured a kneecap and the clubhouse is most definitely NOT handicapped friendly. We have a tiny Chevy spark and my husband parked it near the club house on the grass and was yelled at by the manager because there were water lines below. I had called the campground before the rally and was assured that I would be accommodated. I was not. Other than having to hop a distance to the club house and back, the park was very nice and we enjoyed our stay. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Country Place RV Park