220689 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Fort Stockton, Texas (Air Miles)
Parkview Cg
Parkview Rv
Wal-Marti-10:257 1700 W Dickinson (Located To Block)
Texas

2   1   8   5
no  question  yes  yes
no  question  yes  yes
October 2011
This might not be the worst campground in Texas, but it's close. We stayed here for one night on our way to Big Bend. Check in was on the honor system and we never saw any staff. The campground is in serious need of updating. Most of the other campers there were long time residents. The restrooms were locked the whole time we were there. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
December 2008
This is, without a doubt, the worst park I have been in. We stayed here overnight on our way through Texas. I thought it would be okay for just one night, since I get tired of paying higher prices for such a short time. If I had no kids and no dog, it would be okay. I could have just hidden in the RV and never looked outside. This place is filthy. Its all dirt, what little overgrown grass there is, is strewn with broken glass, torn aluminum cans, etc. Plenty of stuff to cut your pooches' feet. I did not let my kids outside. Payment is still on the honor system, there is a drop box. The owner lives a few blocks away, and came through the property a couple of times. He was pretty nice, and helped us pick a spot. Oh yes, some sites are 50 amp only, but no way to tell until you try to plug in, so check that first if you have 30 amp. The site was pretty level. Wide enough for our one slide, but not if you have slides on both sides. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
February 2007
Found this campground on Eleventh St behind Camanche Hotel and RV park headed off I-10 into town. We saw this one from the road. Camp host very friendly, offered a wifi coupon for free 24 hours - low signal but worked, easy in and out for a overnight stay. Can't beat the 10.00 price!! We were happy!! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for A & M Camper Park

question  question  no  question  question  question  question  question  question  question
question  question  no  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
We found the entrance to the park smooth and easy, no drop offs. Someone may have fixed the entrance. I give the park a 5 based on the easy on easy off from I-10 and that the electric power (30 amp) worked just fine in the June heat, 100* this afternoon. It is just a gravel parking lot, but for an overnight stay what more do you need? If the weather was cool we would probably have opted for a free stay at a local store or empty lot. But in the summer it would have cost me $12-$15 to run the generator for the 12-15 hours we stop for the night. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
This is the second nicest RV park in Fort Stockton, but not that great. Big drop off and pot hole right at the entrance. I get the impression they don't have the money to keep this place up, or are not willing to put in the effort to do some simple patch and paint on their park. Their website is nothing more than a story about how he acquired the park, but no mention of the prices or other pertinent information to the traveler. This place is cash only, and you may have to self register. They no longer have cable either as their website states. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
We just needed a quick overnight stop and chose this location because the reviews were not horrible and the rates were reasonable, we didn't want to pay for a pool we weren't going to use. Attention campers - a correction needs to be made to the reviews. The office was locked even though someone was inside. We followed the late check in instruction, even though it was only 4:00 p.m. If Wi-fi was available we wouldn't know as no one was around to offer a password and no information available, only threatening notes from "the Chief" not to try leaving without paying cause he will find you! Couldn't use the bathrooms as they were filthy and disgusting, waste baskets hadn't been emptied for a very long time and no toilet paper available. We spoke to our camp neighbor that said they were at this location on a previous visit and the place was full of workers. Since then the oil and work in the area has dried up and not a dime made in the good times has been put back into the place. Stay here only if you are desperate and totally self contained and don't mind heavy I-10 traffic noise. We definitely will never stay here again. We camped here in a Truck Camper.
Display older reviews for Comanche Land RV Park
January 2012

January 2012
Please DO NOT confuse this crummy RV park with the much better Comanche Land RV Park. The Comanche Motel RV Park is located in a very rough looking area inside the town of Fort Stockton. This so called RV park is nothing more than a dirt lot behind the Comanche Motel. You can't see this from the street or we would have kept right on going. When we arrived it was getting dark and we were tired. The girl in the motel office quoted us a rate of $15 and said their rate included cable TV and Wi-Fi. We thought what the heck, it's only for one night. The girl's mother directed us behind the motel and we were shocked to find ourselves bouncing through a dirt lot that was rougher than a washboard. There was a lot of trash and debris in the area as well. There were quite a few campers staying there and they were quite friendly, however, we still felt compelled to sleep with a gun within easy reach. The only reason I gave this place a rating of 3 out of 10 is for the cable and Wi-Fi which worked very well. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question
question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question
Decent stop off for the night. Friendly staff. Good restaurant and decent pool. Staff did say new owners taking over 1 July with plans to upgrade. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Very nice folks to check you in. Everything is open now. Had a pull through site, 30 amp, and we did fit, but we're only 37' long. Power is somewhat lacking. Plugged in my surge protector, and it read 109v. We could run the ac, but turned it off while we cooked dinner to be on the safe side. Showers were clean, but a little dated. I think this might have been an old KOA. Hopefully, the new owner will improve on some of these issues. RVers do like their power. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Pull-through site for tows was barely long enough. Power issues--low power. New owners in the last two weeks. Can't sell propane yet, restaurant not open yet, until everything is "changed over". Just stayed one night. OK for an overnight. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Fort Stockton RV Park

question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
Excellent park for an overnight stay or two. Very clean and roomy. There is nothing really extravagant about this park. It has a nice breeze because it is on a small hilltop. The views of the West Texas country are good. We have a large rig and had no problem getting into our site. The site was very level. Water pressure - 45 PSI. 50 amp power: Line 1 = 118V, Line 2 = 119V. Excellent satellite access. The owners were very friendly. All rigs in the park were newer and well kept. We didn't see any sign of permanent residents. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We only stayed here one night, and it wasn't a bad park. It was on gravel and had pull-through sites and decent rates. Our biggest complaint was both bathrooms were clean but there were a lot of ants all over the place in men's and woman's and my other complaint was horrible Internet, normally I don't use Internet as a complaint because most parks have bad Internet, however it says on the website that it works really good and it did for about an hour then I got booted off every time I connected. For me it was worse than most parks. They have a pool. I didn't have a chance to go in it so I will not rate it. Overall I would stay there again if I was passing through but not go out of my way to get there. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We stayed here one night as we were passing through on our way west. The site was nice and the park comfortable. People were quiet and respectful. There is no grass and the site was crushed stone, not concrete, but it worked. My favorite part of the park was the puppy park. It was a small area that was fenced off and I was able to let my dogs off the leash. They did have some grass in the puppy patch and another area to walk my dogs. I would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Hilltop RV Park

yes  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question
yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question
After reading previous reviews, I was a little apprehensive about staying here, but for the price it was OK for an overnight. Facilities are old but the bathrooms were clean. Sites are dirt but pretty level. Offered cable TV and Wi-Fi was free but did not work well. Would stay here again. We camped here in a Truck Camper.
We stayed one night. It's a poorly maintained RV park -- poor roads, glass shards (broken beer bottles), cig butts, beer caps scattered everywhere, though site was level. First site we pulled into have a dog barking through the (permanent) neighbors screen, so we asked to move. Also, the pull-thru's are set up so each rig opens to your neighbor (i.e., front door to front door). The showers/bathrooms are old (very old), though clean, but did not use. The office while efficient was more like we were bothering them. It was quiet at night, though there are a lot of folks who live here full-time who have dogs, who bark. And as others have said, some very old shabby rigs here. Wouldn't recommend, though for $15, we survived. Cable was good and Wi-Fi worked well. For a quick overniter, it worked, but wouldn't come back again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
February 2014
Our rate was with Passport America. These were sites in a huge open part gravel, part pot holed asphalt area, most of the RV's looked like full time residents with a few passing travelers, 50 amp worked great, TV worked great, Wi-Fi worked great, it was quiet all night. On the down side, it was dusty as is all of that area, it was not an area that appears secure but we didn't have any problems, we were advised by others to skip the showers so we showered at the new Flying J up the road. For an overnight, we felt is was OK. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Parkview RV Park