Nearby Ganado, Texas (Air Miles)
1002 N Wells
January 2014

no  question  question  yes  question  no  question  question  yes  question
no  question  question  yes  question  no  question  question  yes  question
January 2014
It s OK for one night when driving down 59. It stated they had Internet but I could only pick it up if I sit in the passenger seat leaning towards the door. It was iffy then. There is noise from the highway, and a train went by four times, two in the middle of the night. The people running it were friendly and helpful. We camped here in a Motorhome.
December 2013
Excellent WIFI speed, sites are level under beautiful oaks. I got the impression it's recently been bought by the couple at the office and they've been trying to trim all the trees to accommodate all size rigs. We were checked in in 10 minutes and led directly to our requested pull through. The road is noisy and there is an occasional train, but we don't hear it inside our rig. I have no complaints and if not for the road noise I'd have given it a 10, but then again, being so near the main road means you don't have to follow a GPS to get there. Very clean place and we'd stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2011
We pulled in here for one night. Paid cash so we got a $2 discount. Even though they are in the TACO (Texas Association of Campground Owners) they will not give the customary 10-15% discount with the TACO card. The gal at the office signed us in. She gave me the Wi-Fi code and led me to believe there was Wi-Fi in the park. She couldn't find her husband so she jumped in the golf cart and led us to a site. The site was the first on a line of hookups, one in front of the other, along the road. She extended her left arm and pointed with her left index finger and drove off. We figured she meant to do a U-turn and park next to the hookups facing the other way. Otherwise, we'd be in the road. We set up. There was no Wi-Fi and a trip to the office was to no avail as the office was closed. We were sitting down to dinner a hour later when she came by with her husband to tell us that we were facing the wrong way. The husband and my husband went around the rig to talk about it. The woman sat in the golf cart blowing cigarette smoke into my RV. When I told her that we were about to sit down to dinner, she said that she hadn't had her dinner due to unhappy campers. (no comment) The husband decided we were light enough to not damage their cables and pipes so we didn't have to unhook and move. When asked about the Wi-Fi, we were told that it might be available in the laundry but most parts of the park did not get it. Though the park was far from full, they put us in the site closest to the highway and under an extremely bright sodium light. The cable offering was rather sparse. I barely got a 3G Verizon Wireless signal. the signal bounced between 1X and 3G but was enough to tether my cell phone to the netbook. Perhaps they are kinder to large rigs at this park, but our 23' class C (no tow) was put in the worst possible space. I don't think we will return. The management appears clueless and the park seems to be mostly stationary. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Shady Oaks RV Resort