206873 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Garrison, Texas (Air Miles)
Camp Tonkawa Springs Rv
Camp Tonkawa Springs RV Park
2013-10-26 23:59:12
Garrison, Texas
October 2013

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes
question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes
October 2013
We enjoy this campground because of the deer and guinea that roam around the park. The camp hosts are excellent, and keep the restrooms and laundry immaculate. However, the sand is problematic and the Verizon signal is very weak and spotty for phone, a little better for WiFi. Lot to do in Nacogdoches, about 15 - 20 mile drive. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2013
I've read the reviews here from last fall. I don't know what the problem was actually. I've stayed at Tonkawa quite a number of times and never had any of the problems. Yes, they have deer - a small herd. The deer aren't totally afraid of people - the campground feeds them; but, we've never had any of them pee or do anything harmful to ourselves nor our 5th wheel. They do graze wherever they want. The hosts were all new last winter, from what I've heard, and yes, they had some problems. They are gone now and they will not be allowed back. We heard they had one wild dog (stray) running around, but I also heard that that was taken care of sometime in late October. NO goats ever - in all my stays. Music was a host from last winter. They're gone and will not be back. Managers came back in early March, and I have had nothing but praise for this place - both in past and this visit. Very nice folks; very busy place in summer. I've been there then, too. Gorgeous spring fed "pond" for swimming. I have a dog myself, and there has never been a sign of any dogs tied to campers and left. IF the people leave park - they are supposed to bring dogs inside. Place is NOT fancy, but it is not run down. Trees constantly need trimming wherever you go. They cut trees down and sell firewood actually. They have offered Wi-FI (free) for almost 2 years. I gather the winter people really weren't all that great. As I said, I've had very pleasant stays there and WILL most definitely come back again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
January 2013
Roads at this park definitely need grading. All sites are pull through with either 30/50 amp, each pedestal serving 2 sites. Fairly wide sites but could use leveling. Two restrooms, each large with shower. Laundry room available. Spring fed pond for swimming in the summer. Not something we used in Dec. and Jan. Wi-Fi was available at our site. Employees were extremely friendly and helpful and camp hosts were available 24/7. Deer wander through the sites, not tame but not overly afraid of humans either. Makes for an interesting and photogenic stay. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Camp Tonkawa Springs RV Park