Nearby Glenn Heights, Texas (Air Miles)
I-35E Exit 414
150 N Beckley
1200 N Hwy 77
Northwood University, Tex
Southwestern Assemblies Of
Sams Club?I-20:465 2900 Wheatland Rd (Located To Block)
I-20 Exit 464A
Cedar Crest Golf Course
Dallas Baptist University
Naval Air Station - Dall
700 East Ennis Ave
Wal-Marti-635:2 12300 Lake June Rd (Located To Block)
Texas

4   1   3   1   1   1   9   10   4
question  question  question  question  no  no  yes  yes  no
question  question  question  question  no  no  yes  yes  no
January 2012
Felt very uncomfortable here. Park is filled with permanents, some living in squalor. The park speed is 10 MPH but vehicles zip past the short term sites at easily twice the speed. Note, the short term sites are right up front on row "A" and it's a busy little spot with most of the 100 or so other campers driving to and from work. Seriously, you have to wonder when while checking in the person behind the counter feels it's important to tell you, "The police station is just up the road and they drive through here all the time." If you want to blow your inverter this would be the park to do it in. The household type 50 amp box was 3 inches off the ground with the door swinging up toward you blocking your view. I had to get on my knees and lower my head to see what I was doing. The first site we checked had a broken 50 amp socket, probably caused by the difficult access. But the real issue here is that there are no circuit breakers, the plug is hot. Beware! Couldn't wait to leave, would never go back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2010
We stayed a year one night. That pretty much sums it up. Manager was nice. Went into his office to register. Honestly, I don't know how he found anything in there. Very old park, poorly maintained, if it is maintained. Dogs run loose, residents loiter. Many, many old RV's. Mostly permanents. Internet is a paid service, although you get the first 24 hours free. That was the best part of this campground. I would never stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2007
Our nightly rate of $10 was from a monthly charge of $275. Metered electric was in addition to that. This is an old park with many run-down RVs and lots of clutter, junked cars, etc. Many RVs have long expired license plates. Several have tarps tied over the roofs. The park has all the right rules, but with no apparent enforcement of any of those rules. We had to request our sewer connection be cleared twice when we could not dump due to stopped up lines. They were pretty prompt in responding, but our sewer connector pipe was badly broken just below ground level, and again further down. Our 50a power connection was new. 26 of the listed 120 sites are mobile homes sites in a nicely manicured area in the rear of the RV area. Park management and residents were quite friendly. Surrounding area roads are in bad repair. We saw road construction warning signs, but no hint of any road work going on! We spent a very peaceful month in the park. With some attention to repair of the sewer system and to enforcing existing rules against abandoned cars and clutter, this could be a pretty decent location. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Dallas Hi-Ho Rv Park