206564 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Kerrville, Texas (Air Miles)
Mamacita'S - Kerrville

yes (Stream)
yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
March 2014
This park is very nice but I can't give it a 10 because the WiFi is very slow. Neither of the pools are heated even though the park is full. Yes it is immaculate with paved roads, concrete pads, grass, two pools, fitness center, most pull thrus, a stream, and ponds. At the price and with such great amenities, it is inexcusable today to have such poor WiFi. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
February 2014
This is a really nice park in a great location to travel and visit the Hill Country. The TV was OK, nice pool and activity room. There is also a very good store. The lots are adequate in size. There is entertainment in the barn that comes to the resort for a dinner and show. When I was there they had a country singer that had a few records out and people came from outside to hear him. There are trips from the resort by bus. The downside is the Park is pricey. $245 a week plus electric. I was charged $40 for one weeks electric and because I didn’t read the meter when I got there. Oh well. I have never had a electric bill over $118 a month at their .14 Kw rate. They advertise free internet and it is basically non existent. But you can buy internet from them for $7 a week. I had propane delivered while I was away and that was added to my bill but I never got the bill. I really liked the place but I felt like I got nickel and dimed at every turn. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
Not as "homey" as some of the other TX Resorts we have frequented but nothing missing from being a true Resort. Pools (one adult and one kid friendly), exercise room, event hall, outdoor grill, fishing on the property, large off leash dog park, kids play area, seemed a little narrow getting to our site and a bit hard to turn our 45' around the corners, but there were some shaded sites and we fit fine with all 4 slides out. There is the ability to lease casita's if you own a Class A rig. Lots of events. On the down side, close to major highway, very near large utility wires and I only was able to get WiFi after 11pm. Other than road noise, it was quiet. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Buckhorn Lake Resort

yes (River)
yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question
yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question
Kerrville is a nice town and this is the best park in the area. The grounds are well maintained, the staff is friendly and helpful. The park is very pet friendly, the Wi-Fi and cable work great and is free. The park is quiet, restrooms and showers are always clean and work great. Evening campfires are nice when weather permits. We stayed at many RV resorts at every price level and this park is the most enjoyable and relaxing of them all and we will return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2014
Rate reflects PA discount. Third time guest. Paved road down middle with mostly back in spaces on either side; a few pull-throughs at one end. Sites are grass and dirt and mostly level. Wonderful river view spaces, but watch for crossover utilities. Internet and TV good. Good dog walking areas at bridge end of park. Some puddles in the rain, but sites drain very well. Quiet. Friendly, helpful staff. Will definitely be back. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
January 2014
We would not recommend this as a one-night stay as it is miles off I-10 and the traffic on US 27 was very heavy. Office staff very pleasant. Beware that sites available for Passport America are Elect/Water crossover (single power pole for two sites) so you may have to run your electric and water under your unit. Rate of $17 plus $3 extra for 50 amp service using Passport America. Nice site, long and level with a view of the river. Quiet, except that with a crossover site we were right next to our neighbor and their hot water heater turned on and off all night, waking me up. We would probably not stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for By The River RV Park & Campground

question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes
question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes
February 2014
We are staying in this park for two weeks. We are staying in one of the premium sites and there is plenty of elbow room. The saloon noise is minimal, even with all of our windows open. We have two small dogs who are loving all the grass and trees. The walking trail along the river is lovely. We spotted a heron today. We have not had any problem with the burrs mentioned by a previous reviewer. Everyone here (staff and campers) are all very friendly. We are hoping to winter here, as we feel this is an exceptional park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2014
Shore Services: 50amp, Sewer good, Water 60@ psi are good. WiFi is by Tengo. i didn't use it. At&T Cell phone is from 1 bar to 3 bars. Sprint Air Card is good while Verizon 4GLTE is not very good. Cable is good. Internal Roads and sites are gravel & asphalt. Length good for a long RV and enough room in most to put out slides and awnings. Distance between sites are enough room for awnings but can be close depending on your RV. Restrooms are good and clean. Laundry has 4 washers and dryers in the smaller laundry. Some long term tenants but not a problem. Direct TV Satellite access is good. Cost is $39 for basic and more for premium or River sites. Payment with credit card no problem. This is not a bad park, however there are some good points and bad points. Good if you need it is the electric has sites for RV's that need 2-50amp service. This is for the new big rigs. An improvement that would help is to maintain the sites better. Clean up the leaves and try to get the grass burrs and stickers that my dog picks up every time I take him out. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2013
Have stayed here several times over last couple of years, but won't go back. Took our grandson for his first camping trip without Mom and Dad this weekend. They wouldn't give us the Good Sam discount because I didn't have the card, even though I pulled it up on my IPAD and they could see we were current. Then it rained all weekend (yes I know the resort can't control that). Then we found that arcade game area is gone and indoor pool is adults only (over 18) for sanitary reasons (I guess adults never pee in a pool) - except in winter when kids are allowed. Then we developed a horrible ant problem in the RV which I read on TA is not uncommon. This is not an adult only campground but it seems like it’s trying to be one. Heard it’s up for sale. Canceling our 5 nights there over New Years. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Guadalupe River RV Resort

1   8   9
no  yes  yes
no  yes  yes
March 2013
BEWARE of the tree overhanging the main road that is too low for large rigs. This park is definitely not big rig friendly even though the owner assured me when I made a reservation that there would be no problem for our size unit. We have a 37' fifth wheel and the tree overhanging the main road put an 11 foot tear in our roof. All but two of the sites appeared to be occupied by permanent residents. Some of the trailers were quite old. The bathrooms were old and not very clean. The 50 amp plug at our site did not work so we had to use the 30 amp plug. The cable wires along the back of the sites are very low and was laying on top of our roof. Many trees and large rocks at entrance to the sites make these sites very difficult to get into. This park seems to be for permanent residents. We would NEVER camp here again!!!! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
November 2011
Price based on weekly rate. You don't get pools, playgrounds, river access etc. What you do get are a paved road, paved, level sites, small patio, good 50 amp, Wi-Fi and cable. I thought sites were on the smallish side. I'd guess about half the sites are taken up by long-term folks, and of whats left, not many would take a big rig so be sure to call ahead. Rocks, some large enough to do damage are used to mark site entrances so you need to be careful. Good laundry area, bath/shower not too visually appealing because of age but it was clean. Obvious effort made to keep the place up. Nice folks too. With prevailing rates in the area its a deal if you don't need recreational amenities. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2011
This is a very nice family RV park. This park was pretty full and reservations are definitely recommended if you want to stay here. We were there 6 days and they did give us the weekly rate. The bathrooms were very clean but a little dated. There are tons of things to do while in the area. The entire park is paved and has concrete patios, some grass and nicely landscaped areas. The sites are large and roomy. The cable TV worked great and the Wi-Fi is very strong and super fast. We had no problems with it and best part is that it was free! This park located with the city of Kerrville just past the Super Wal-Mart. Everyone we met here was nice and Texas Friendly. We highly recommend this very Nice park. We camped here in a Motorhome.

April 2011
The address for the Center is 3805 State Hwy 27 East Kerrville,TX . Reservations can be made by calling the above phone number. The office to make payment at is in the courthouse in Kerrville at the corner of RT16 (Sidney Baker) and Rt27 (Main Street). 700 Main Street Ste 101. This is their fairgrounds so be aware it’s like camping at a fairground. We had 30 AMP and Water hook up. It was pleasant, quiet and close to the city of Kerrville. For $10.00 a night you can’t go wrong. We would definitely camp their again. We camped here in a Motorhome.

yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes
yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question
Nice staff. Large laundry. Everything clean. Cable TV worked, as did WiFi. Close to I-10, but in the trees seemingly away from everything. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
The good news is that this is a fairly inexpensive KOA compared to most. The bad news is that it isn't anything special. It's ~5 minutes off I-10 so it's quiet. It has pretty decent WiFi in a location where Verizon service was marginal. It also has easily accessible gas and diesel pumps; the gas is no big deal but finding a diesel pump accessible to a 40' motorhome isn't easy in this area. Those are pretty much the pluses for this park. The roads are crumbling asphalt that needed paving years ago as are the sites. The sites are fairly close to one another and are largely dirt, but that's partly due to the TX drought. We were up front in the short term area and the only view was of the office. But at $26 for full hookups it was a decent place to stay for a couple of nights. If you are spending a week enjoying Hill Country there are plenty of nicer places to stay. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Good for an overnight stay. No railroad or major interstate within hearing distance. Very few open sites - most are filled by "long term" residents. General condition was OK. Staff was friendly and helpful. If needing a one night stay I would return, but if I wanted several nights I'd find something else. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Kerrville KOA
February 2014

question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question
question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question
February 2014
Stayed 4 days, but didn't use restrooms or showers. However, outside of buildings are fairly new. 50 Amp FHU site, but the water and electric are on the wrong side so had to run the cord and hose under MH. Nice covered picnic table at each site. Nice city park on the River. Fairly Quiet even with highway close by. Only 5 other campers here. We would stay again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2013
It was hard for me to rate this park since we wound up leaving before staying overnight. We reserved 2 nights during Texas Spring Break Week. When I made the reservation I explained to the lady that we have a 37' fifth wheel (like I always do). Upon arrival, she seemed concerned to learn that we had that large a rig. There were only a few sites open (they assign them to you upon arrival). Long story short, all of the sites were short, but I could have squeezed into them. The big problem was they had thick tree limbs overhanging about 12' off of the ground. We are about 13'-4" tall. Consequently we had to leave and try and find a new place to stay. The girl in the office could not process a refund and said a check would be mailed. Next day I get a call from the park asking if we left early since no one was in our site. I explained all over what happened and was again promised a refund. Seems like a nice park but better tell them 4 times what you are driving or you might not get in. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
January 2013
Nice pull through sites. Farther off I-10 than it looks on the map and signage to find it non-existent. We chose 30 amp...50 is $28. We felt it was a bit high for what is offered. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Kerrville-Schreiner Park

7   6   9   10   8   8   9   7   9
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question
January 2013
This is a 55 plus park, but if you are only staying a few nights and don't have kids they will let you stay. They have about 5 pull thrus for overnight guests which are simply parking stalls drawn on the pavement next to the road. No grass, shade, or even a picnic table. Wi-fi doesn't work. The indoor pool and hot tub were a nice perk, but the older folks didn't seem to like it that we were there. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2012
This park would be great but is WAY too hard to get in/out of. It's an older park in town and not set up well for big rigs. There are only 5 pull-throughs, which are next to the road and have no space between them. The escort nearly ran us into golf carts. We'll have to ask our neighbors to move their car so we can pull out. Otherwise the park is very friendly and facilities are fine. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2011
Park is mostly full time residents, some spaces for transients. My site was wide, level, and had a large shade tree, flowers and concrete patio. Nice covered pool, clean showers and toilets. The park is very quiet. Close to shopping and restaurants. Escort to your site. The park accepts only checks or cash. My $34 included the Good Sam discount. If you enjoy a nice peaceful, friendly park this place fits the bill. I would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Take-It-Easy RV Resort (55+ park)
November 2013

question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  question
question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  question
November 2013
Paid $150 for a week. Park is neat and clean with open, level gravel sites. Good laundromat. Good utilities with good water & pressure. A good park to host a rally. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2013
Rate reflects Passport America discount. This park is located a few miles off the beaten path but well worth the time to get there. The parking spots are large, gravel covered, and fairly level. The free Wi-Fi is outstanding. Some traffic noise during the day but quiet at night. We'll be back! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2013
This park was a very pleasant surprise. Beautiful surroundings with rolling hills and live oak trees. Office Mgr. was outstanding. They dedicated an entire house on premises to laundry and bathrooms. We used this base to tour Kerrville, Fredricksburg and Stonewall. I would definetly return. Rate reflects Passport America rate We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Triple T RV Resort