206653 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Lockhart, Texas (Air Miles)
1703 S Colorado St
Lockhart State Park
2013-09-04 10:58:00
Lockhart, Texas

yes (Stream)
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question
We stayed here with another family. We had sites 11 and 12 which gave us a large space along the creek. It was dried up so there wasn't any fishing, etc available. The kids did enjoy exploring the riverbed. I would certainly stay here again. The pool is a nice size. The park is close to town and the barbeque places that Lockhart is well known for. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Great state park. Golf course right across the access road. Each site had a covered picnic table and plenty of room. The river sites are not for big rigs as the trees have low branches and are extremely un level. The golf course circle sites are all long and level. Nice state park with full hookups. You do have to add the state park entrance fee to your site costs. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2013
A gem of a state park. Located on a 9 hole golf course. Very scenic and quiet. Close to town. Lots to do in the area. Utilities all worked well. Clean, well maintained park. Small and intimate. Made many friends among the other campers. We were here for 4 nights and hated to leave. May come back as a host someday. Wonderful place if you want quiet and calm. Great trails through out the park. Great BBQ restaurants nearby in the historic town. We'd stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Lockhart State Park
September 2012

September 2012
Clean park but watch out for the extra charges, I did not know there was a deposit expected until I was already unpacked, and I did not know there was a 3% charge passed onto me for using a debit card; he prefers cash. The Wi-Fi only worked sometimes when I was there, but never fear, there is a McDonald's nearby. You could not walk 2 feet without getting stickers on your shoes, pants, or if you had flip flops that was dangerous walking across the grass. I didn't like the "find out as you go" rules, I never saw that rule about the 3% fee to use a debit card until I used one. I think this owner is new at the park thing and is not user friendly. So read all the rules before you check out, Oh and I never saw any creek water etc. while I was camped there. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.