220831 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Mullin, Texas (Air Miles)
Texas
Mullin
Swinging Bridge RV Park & Campground
2007-07-24 10:34:09
Mullin, Texas
July 2007

July 2007
I had never been to the park. Just found it by looking in the phone book. I called and asked if they had a space available and for directions. The mailing address is Mullin, Texas but this actually in the community of Regency, which does not have a post office. It is about 5 miles off of paved road from one direction or 1 mile off of paved road from the other direction. The longer route can have several washed out places after a rain and has several trees along the road that kiss your RV. The shorter route is the best way; however, you have to drive over the Regency Suspension Bridge that has a load restriction of 5,000 pounds per axle or tandem. My wife would not let me take the trailer over the bridge! We did walk across the bridge and drive across without the trailer. This park is on the Colorado River in San Saba County, Texas. There is access to the river for fishing, swimming, kayaking (rental is available at the park) from the park. There are 5 small cabins. I did not go into any of them. There is a play area for kids with a swing set and jungle gym type equipment. If you have a light-weight RV and want to add some excitement to your driving, take the short route to the park. If you have a large RV, I recommend taking the long route. My fifth wheel is 27 foot pulled by a crew cab short bed. They only have 10 sites, all pull through with full hook ups (30 amp, water and sewer) and had a small BBQ grill. There is an area for pitching tents. We did get one t.v. station off of our antenna, which really surprised me. There is no cell phone signal. I would not recommend this RV park for Big Rigs. Anything bigger than my set-up might have a hard time making the turn around in the park to get the sites. I would recommend everyone to go to the suspension bridge--what a view! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.