Nearby Ozona, Texas (Air Miles)
Nothing Nearby
Texas
Ozona
Circle Bar Super 8 Motel & RV Park
2014-05-31 22:17:29
Ozona, Texas

question  question  yes  question  no  question  yes  question  question  question
question  question  no  question  no  question  yes  question  question  question
I agree with the comments from the other posters regarding this RV Park. You drive to the office, which looks like an old KOA "A" frame and the door is locked informing you to drive across a wide parking area to the motel office. The Park is full with oil contract workers. I was informed at the office they only keep 5 open sites for travelers and I missed getting a site. I will not stop here again We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Basically a gravel parking lot. Very dusty. Monthly rate was $425. Have to go across the road and register at the motel. Offered Wi-Fi but it never worked. Campers are very close together...couldn't get our awning out. Had a laundry room; only 2 washers, 2 dryers worked. Never saw any park attendants. No playground for children. Road within campground were in good shape. Swimming pool was not in working condition but you are allowed to swim at the indoor heated pool at the motel across the road, which is nice. Would not camp here again unless it was the only place left. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This was interesting. I called ahead to make reservations but was told they don't accept them and they are full but they sometimes save one for travelers (they are full with resident oil field workers). So I called the other parks in the area and they said they were also full. So I called back and asked if I could reserve a motel room and if they had no RV spaces I would stay in the motel. That's what I did. When I arrived they had a space available so I took it. When I was hooking up, another lady came by and asked who said I could stay here and I told them the motel. Oh, okay. Not exactly a well run operation.. As far as the park goes, it was fine; all dirt and gravel but clean enough and quiet. Utilities including cable worked fine but no WIFI. Restrooms were Okay but showers had mold on the walls and shower curtains. I'd probably give it a 7 rating but with the reservation/management issues I can only give it a 4. All I can say is good luck but I wouldn't plan on staying in this area. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Circle Bar Super 8 Motel & RV Park

3   4   3   5   3   5   7   7
question  question  question  question  no  question  question  question
question  question  question  question  no  question  question  question
It is OK for an overnight stay. Has basic cable, water, sewer, 30 amp only electric. Gravel sites, fairly level. Lots of permanent residents, few visitor open sites. No Wi-Fi. Was quoted $28 but the young man at the office said it was $30, so I took it anyway. Staff is friendly at office, they helped me find the place, after Google map got me to the wrong place in town. I would use the place again, for an overnight safe place. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2012
Okay for an overnight, a big parking lot, pretty close to other sites, but a place to park and sleep. Easy access to/from I-10. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
February 2012
Manager was very friendly. However, this is strictly a no frills stopover. Sites were gravel and not level. Basically a parking lot. Sites were fairly tight, but we did have a pull through. We have a big rig, so that was helpful. No amenities. The town of Ozona is to be avoided if possible. Our battery died on our tow vehicle. You do have to disconnect. The gentleman who showed up charged us $45 for a jump. Really. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Economy Inn & RV Park