Nearby San Marcos, Texas (Air Miles)
Wonder World
2014-07-26 14:43:26
San Marcos, Texas

yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question
yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question
Perfectly good overnight stop. Sites are level and decently shaded. Amenities are sufficient. Bathrooms and showers were sufficiently clean. Playground equipment is all inoperative. Clearly this used to be a family stop and has become more working/long-term and overnighters (like us). Yes, it's yards from I-35 and you can also hear trains all night. So what. Great sites, decent pavement getting around. Great electric, sewer and water hook-ups, etc. A solid six. And there's really nothing "wrong" with that. We'd stay here again. It is what it is and the price is fair. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
This is a preliminary review since we just got here and first impressions last forever. The place is right on the interstate frontage road with construction of some sort next door. A continuous beep, beep, beep is irritating. I expect it will be quieter tonight. The main office is where a guests should be treated well. First, approaching the door, the sign says " No vehicle washing" note vehicle is misspelled. Then we walk in and some old man is kicked back in my grandpa's recliner. He asked if we were coming or going. Well, we just pulled up in front of the door with a motorhome and tow facing in so he must have been asleep. He works himself out of the lazy-boy and gives me my receipt, which was prepaid. I asked him if i was disturbing him. He gave me a map of the park with a highlighted route to my site. We got no other info on showers, wifi, etc. So, I get in my site and my motorhome and tow is filthy from rain and mud in my travels. I decided that I would wash the car regardless since it was so dirty I couldn't see through the glass. I did a half-fast job and only washed the front and part of the sides. I was so afraid that the car wash cops would bust me but I was quick and frugal with the water. Good thing, it is going to be about 35 degrees tonight and I would have been happy to sleep with the windows open and all my electric heaters on. I'll be here a week and will write a more thorough review when I check out. Meanwhile, this place is a one star resort. Oh yeah, a resort? Hardly. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
We stayed in this park for four nights after being flooded out of another park. The owner was extremely nice and accommodating. There were several flood refugees who needed a place to stay. The owner went out of his way to get everyone in he could. Park is very clean, level sites with concrete pads. Easy in an out with our 38ft RV. Bathrooms and laundry room very clean. The down side is the concrete plant behind the park. It starts operating very early in the morning with a lot of equipment noise. We did not use the WiFi. We would stay again if passing through the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Canyon Trail RV Resort

yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  no  question  question
yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  no  question  question
We had a blast at Pecan Park Riverside RV. The staff went out of their way to make sure this was an enjoyable stay. We were in a shaded spot with plenty of room. Bathrooms were clean with private room for toilet and shower. The park rents tubes and provides a shuttle service for $15 a person for unlimited rides for 24 hours. The shuttle drops you up stream from the park for about an hour and fifteen minute slow float down the river back to park. We went into San Marcos for tubing, but after one float with crowds we returned to the slower pace at the park. It got crowded on the weekends, but it all does in this area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Checked in on a friday afternoon and asked for a pull through however we were directed to a backin as it was under the shade trees. The site however was a crusted hardened mud pit with debris all over the cement table pad. Asked one of the employees driving a tractor for a broom so as to sweep away the mess but he never returned .Was going to hook up toad for early departure and nearly done when 2 campers ?, so called " security" said we could not do so as it damaged the non existent grass, repeat, mud pit. He went on to clearly state that the owners would have my unit towed if i hooked up. This comment was made as a dog was yapping and howling in an un attended pop up in an adjacent site. Was not going to argue however if they were staff they should have ID badges.Seems they are more concerned about the mud pit than the welfare of pets and peace and quiet. Stay would have been acceptable but for these 2 so called keepers of the park.I got the feeling this is a residents park and don't seem to care much for travelers.Wont be stopping here again and Good Sam needs to have a chat with the the management , We camped here in a Motorhome.
Rate reflects good Sam discount. Had to ask for it. Pleasant enough check in. During our stay, any staff we encountered were very friendly and asked if they could be of service. We had a mice back in place in the quiet part of the park, but actually the entire park was very very quiet, even with some partiers on the weekend. I reserved on phone and didn't quite understand between deluxe pull thru or regulars, but I should have asked more if I needed more information. We stayed here 4 nights and really liked it. I love camping in the big trees. Good shade against the texas sun. Facilities were very clean. Gazebos with swings and nice lawn area. Loved the private path and access to the river. Our site not so level. Other sites seemed more level. There are fire rings which I enjoy in the evening. The office rents tubes and shuttle service. Laundry was only 1.25 wash and 1.50 dry and the machines were very good. We will definitely come back We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Pecan Park Riverside RV and Cabins
2001

2001
Very nice park. Clean and friendly. Well placed between Austin and San Antonio. Near a giant outlet mall. Sites could be a little wider, but the park is well laid out for an older park. We camped here in a camper.
August 2011

August 2011
When we came to this part of Texas for a job. This was a very reasonable place. Good place for workers that have self contained RV's since they don't have restrooms or showers. Very nice people and next door to the Three Dudes Winery. Less than 2 miles outside of town. The rate I gave was monthly and we would stay again. We camped here in a Motorhome.