220396 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Shamrock, Texas (Air Miles)
Texas
Shamrock
West 40 RV Park
2014-07-08 23:40:28
Shamrock, Texas

5   5   6
no  question  question
no  question  question
This RV Park is just a gravel parking lot with hookups. It is far enough off of I-40 so you don't get any highway noise. The manager is friendly & helpful. The sites do not have any amenities. There are many full-timers in the park who work local construction. There are not many large pull thru sites available. It is barely OK for one nite's stay, but the price is right! If I had a new RV, I would not stay. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2011
Great overnighter. Easy to find, very laid back owner. Reasonably level. Close to Steakhouse and 'Conoco Cafe' Route 66 landmark. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
March 2009
A good place to stay for one night. The electricity was borderline "hot". The other connections were adequate. You pay here on the honor system. If you want cable TV it is an extra dollar. We stopped by the "park" west of town. That place was real dismal and they wanted $28 for a 50 AMP site with 10% off for Good Sam. There was no one there so we hot footed it to K & K in town. We would stay here again for only one night. We camped here in a Motorhome.

question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes
question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes
I'm not one to normally rate low. If there had been a zero this park would get one. We only drove through. The grass at sites was a foot tall. Only a few long term rigs had the 4 or 5 mowed sites. There was no one at the office. Good Sam should drop this park. Don't waist your time. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I'm not sure how this park qualifies to be in the Good Sam Directory, maybe the standards of Good Sam have changed. I sure hope not! The pool was full of green water and not opened, so in my opinion they shouldn't be advertising they have a pool, very disappointing when you have kids that want to go swimming after a long hot day of traveling. The grassy site that we had was far from level. The hookups where very questionable. I made sure I tested the 30 amp with my multi-tester before plugging in. The water tap had sediments coming out of it, made sure I used my filter even though it had to lay on the ground as the tap barely came out of the ground. The Wi-Fi did not work for us while we where there. The washrooms were dated but functional. It's the only RV park around for miles, but if I would have known how run down this park was, we would have kept on driving. We camped here in a Motorhome.
WOW! A Good Sam Park?? Once again the Good Sam rating is way off the mark! Nobody here when we arrived about 4pm. Office closed. Pool closed and full of green water. Unkempt grounds. A few long term trailers and 5th wheels here, and a few of us duped over nighters. They are the only choice for miles around so you hook up or keep driving! Our 50a electric was steady at 120v, the water was good, and the rough gravel site was close to level, so it works for an overnight. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for West 40 RV Park