Nearby Shamrock, Texas (Air Miles)
Texas

1   5   5   6
question  no  question  question
question  no  question  question
October 2014
This is the only park in 7 years that we drove right through and did not stop. It was just too scary. We could not see where there was any spot available anyway. We tried the other park in town but it is closed. There is a wonderful county park 7 miles north of Wellington, which I have reviewed. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This RV Park is just a gravel parking lot with hookups. It is far enough off of I-40 so you don't get any highway noise. The manager is friendly & helpful. The sites do not have any amenities. There are many full-timers in the park who work local construction. There are not many large pull thru sites available. It is barely OK for one nite's stay, but the price is right! If I had a new RV, I would not stay. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2011
Great overnighter. Easy to find, very laid back owner. Reasonably level. Close to Steakhouse and 'Conoco Cafe' Route 66 landmark. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for K & K RV Park
September 2014

question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes
question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes
September 2014
Sign on office door says the park is closed. There were two rigs there; one appears to be in use. I'm guessing that the park closed very recently. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I'm not one to normally rate low. If there had been a zero this park would get one. We only drove through. The grass at sites was a foot tall. Only a few long term rigs had the 4 or 5 mowed sites. There was no one at the office. Good Sam should drop this park. Don't waist your time. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I'm not sure how this park qualifies to be in the Good Sam Directory, maybe the standards of Good Sam have changed. I sure hope not! The pool was full of green water and not opened, so in my opinion they shouldn't be advertising they have a pool, very disappointing when you have kids that want to go swimming after a long hot day of traveling. The grassy site that we had was far from level. The hookups where very questionable. I made sure I tested the 30 amp with my multi-tester before plugging in. The water tap had sediments coming out of it, made sure I used my filter even though it had to lay on the ground as the tap barely came out of the ground. The Wi-Fi did not work for us while we where there. The washrooms were dated but functional. It's the only RV park around for miles, but if I would have known how run down this park was, we would have kept on driving. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for West 40 RV Park (CLOSED)