Nearby Springtown, Texas (Air Miles)
Nudist Vista Grande Nudist Ranch
June 2011

question  question
question  question
June 2011
Very nice, well maintained older RV Park. It is a combination of long term and short term RV sites and rental cabins. RV sites are all back in, but plenty of room to maneuver unless you choose a site with a covered metal awning. Even then, they are doable even with a Class A or large 5th wheel. I choose a site under the trees and had good shade most of the day. Water pressure is good, and electric was reliable. The utility poles are toward the front of the sites. OK for me for the water and sewer, but I needed to use my 30A extension cord to reach the electric. The manager told me that there were some long term residents, but you can't pick them out by looking at their sites. He won't let them make it look like a trailer park. The park is quiet and out in the country. The town of Springtown is about 5 miles away and has a Brookshier supermarket, several good restaurants and cafes, and diesel and gas are available. Nine miles in the opposite direction is the larger town of Azle, with a Wal-Mart and more shopping and restaurants. I was visiting friends in the area and this was a great location for me. Satellite worked well and over the air channels were clear with a strong signal. The park has Wi-Fi, but I didn't use it. Verizon Mi-Fi worked well all day with no signal loss and cell phone signal was strong. The rate shown is based on the weekly rate of $135. The daily rate is $30. I would recommend this campground to anyone visiting the area or just passing through. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2007
This is the best campground in the area. The new owners are very friendly and work hard to keep the park looking good. We enjoyed the nature trail and dog walk, we even had deer behind our RV one morning. There are no bathrooms which may not suit everyone but the laundry had new machines which were clean and tidy. Free WiFi too. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

May 2007
I called ahead and was told that big rigs were not a problem. But, it was a problem. To access the sites it was necessary to cross a very narrow bridge going around a curve. Very tricky! The sites are all grass. Mostly permanent folks--a couple of tenters came in while there. Would be okay for "camping" but not the type of place for a big high-end rig. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2011

7   8   5
question  question  question
question  question  question
July 2011
It is our second stay here, as it is one of the least expensive options in the area. We like the canopy covers in the TX heat. Getting into the slots was a challenge with our 65' rig. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2009
This is a bare bones, no frills campground but it is well maintained and convenient if you are in the area. At the present time there are a lot of pipeline workers staying here while construction is going on in the area. Not a lot of trees for shade but most of the individual sites are covered with metal "carport" type covers, to include the concrete patios. No problem for any size RV fitting under the awnings and there is still plenty of room for slide outs. The office is in the first camper on the left when you enter the campground and does not accept credit cards...cash or check only. I will stay here again when I'm visiting friends in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2007
This is a new park. There are 12 sites that are covered and have covered patios. Great for hot Texas sun and hail storms! We were told that they are going to build covers on more sites. Gravel roads and sites. Nothing fancy, but clean and convenient if you need to be in the area. Free WiFi at the sites. We camped here in a Motorhome.