Nearby Tarpley, Texas (Air Miles)
Caribbean Cowboy Rv
Caribbean Cowboy RV Resort
2009-11-14 22:07:34
Tarpley, Texas
October 2009

yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  no
yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  no
October 2009
The park is in a semi-remote location, so the wildlife was excellent! This park is like a deer reserve. There are walking trails in the back half and I saw deer tracks and trails everywhere. Plus the owners put food out for them every day. I live in the city so I really don't get this kind of experience at home. The park recycles and even has its own compost bin. The grounds are immaculate and obviously well cared for. There are free DVD and VHS rentals, which I personally really like (I love movies), and most of them are A-list movies. Between DVD and VHS, probably at least 100 if not more. Anyway, the only downfall was not having public showers, but I prefer to use my own shower and not have to worry about wearing flipflops and hauling in my own shampoos. Great park! I'll be back. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2009
Wow, this is a unique park which has an indoor pool and workout area. The owners are really nice and seem to always have a positive attitude. There is great variety of wildlife in the park, so pets must be on leashes. I really loved the deer and donkeys live next door. This is a well kept park and the landscape and grounds are very well maintained. There is a quiet time in the park at 10pm and I found that to be a blessing. I love the peace and quiet that this resort has and I really like the concept of recycling. All of the people I met at the park were really friendly. If you have a chance to stay in the Texas Hill Country, this is a park I highly recommend. It's a paradise. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2009
We have stayed at this park several times over the last three years, but our last visit turned out to be quite different than in the past. There are several year round guests now, and some of the sites are a little trashy. There is no dumpster and they expect you to separate your your cans, glass, paper and garbage. The compost pit attracts skunks, rats and possums which roam freely around the park at night. During the day you can smell the trash they burn in barrels from anywhere in the park. There an outdoor cold water only, public shower, one public bathroom and one washer/dryer. They play Caribbean music on outdoor speakers non-stop which can be heard from any site in the park. If you want peace and quite, I would pick another spot. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Caribbean Cowboy RV Resort