220520 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Trinity, Texas (Air Miles)
Outback Cg (Approx)

8   8   10   10   3
yes  yes  question  yes  question
yes  yes  question  yes  question
April 2010
Very well run park. Owners very friendly and cooperative. Protected as they do not allow problem people to stay in the park. It is very safe and clean. Sites are not huge but very well kept and very clean. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2009
There is a nice lake view, and the prevailing SE wind gives good breeze off the lake. There are plenty of trees. Sites include a concrete pad for chairs, tables, etc.The interior roads are gravel. It may be tight for large MH's & 5th wheelers but several large rigs seemed to have made it ok. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
March 2009
These people are the nicest people on the planet. They have made us feel so welcome. Compared to our recent stay in Cut N Shoot where the owner was abusive and mean, these people make us feel like family. They have everything here including a small gym and right on the lake. All of the patrons are friendly which is obviously a reflection of the owner's treatment of everyone. I highly recommend this place - it's beautiful, right on the lake, and so comfy! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Freedom Shores Marina

9   10   1   8
yes  yes  no  yes
yes  yes  no  yes
Thank goodness there was a cancellation for Memorial Day weekend 2014. The "Keep it Yellow" KOA team helped my family have a great time with clean facilities, kid friendly activity and live music each evening! The RV slots are well plotted and kept clean with wide entrances. Each slot has a private area for families and a fire pit. The swimming pool was great fun; this KOA had a clean beach front too! Everyone parked here are friendly, clean and we felt safe here. The bathrooms were large and clean and they were never out of toilet paper or paper towels for hand washing! The staff were friendly and gave good advise to this rookie RV'er. I will go again! We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2008
We love this site and go just about every time we have a free moment to get away. This site has everything you could want and then some. We have always loved this place except when they mix up the RV site with one off the water site. The staff is on-site and you could never go wrong with a weekend get away here or a week away from the city. Great Place to relax! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2006
This area I found in the guide for the KOA as we were going to AZ. I decided to stop since it looked so nice in the guide. When we arrived I noticed it was 6:00 in the evening and there was no one around to help us check in or find a site. No big deal. When I started to go through the campground there were so many holes in the road my coach was hitting each one with full force. I went to find a place to park and hook up and the sewer trap was cracked and I was unable to hook up. Good thing I am self contained. I wanted to go to the pool and decided not to since there were way too many bugs and trash in the area. Not going back there ! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Lake Livingston / Onalaska KOA

9   6   10
yes  question  yes
yes  question  yes
October 2012
What a truly C2C treasure. A must stop if you are C2C and in the area. This a truly private resort. You enter through a guarded gate, travel through a golf course community to reach the resort in the back on Lake Livingston. Wi-Fi is at the Club house or you may catch it in loops D-1 and E-1 depending on where you are parked. No cell phone problems. No cable must use antenna or satellite. Nice spacious sites done in a cul-de-sac fashion, many right at the water’s edge. Restrooms and showers were clean and in good shape. Trash picked up twice a week. No long-term residence as this is not permitted. Heavily treed, so taller units may wish to choose one of the beautiful outer spots. Fishing is fair from the bank: Perch, Catfish, Crappie, White Bass. Abundance of wild life: Deer, Pelicans, Herons, Ducks, Geese, and we were blessed with a nightly sunset visit by a beautiful Bald Eagle. On down side, if you do not like gun fire, this maybe not be a park for you; as during hunting season you will hear a lot of it. Spent Thanksgiving and the members made us feel as part of the family. We will stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2009
We found the check-in staff not to be helpful. Interior roads and pads need maintence. It was a great place for birding and they had two very nice pools. Deer visited the camping area in the evening. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
November 2006
We stayed in this park the week after Thanksgiving. This place is just outstanding! Unbelievably, there were less than 10 of us in this huge RV park. We would return here in a heart beat. Very nice place. The $8 rate is a Coast to Coast rate. We camped here in a Motorhome.

9   1   10   1   10
yes  no  question  question  yes
yes  no  question  no  yes
Glad we made the drive! My family and I planned to arrive at 10 PM the first night due to our busy schedules. Worried if this was an issue or not, I called to see if they would still be open, to our surprise they were very accommodating and opened the office just for us at about 10:30. The fishing and atmosphere were great, we caught enough blues to stock up the freezer and have a fresh fish fry over our stay. The evenings were quiet and breezy with beautiful sunsets. My wife and I also enjoyed watching our son play at the park and beach with other kids his age. We cannot wait to come back in September! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Bottom Line: Don't go here. We just didn't feel safe. Too late to make a reservation for Memorial Day Weekend, I found this place on Livingston Lake. The young man on the phone made it sound so lovely, with a swim beach nearby and lakeside views. I was excited to find something special for my family. Unfortunately, the moment we turned off the main road, it became clear to me, we were in trouble! This place was crammed full of boats, dirty trucks, off road vehicles, old decrepit RVs and disgusting bathrooms with no shower to be found. No swim beach to be found, just a cheap water slide and blow-up play slide for kids. The RV sites were haphazardly plotted and too close together with no ability to enjoy an evening with family outside the RV. When I flipped up the hookup for my RV, I only found a 50V plug ~ the 30V plug was totally missing. Marched back up to the office to find a rude owner telling me I need to buy a converter for $30. What? Shouldn't I expect to have an option for my hookup when the nearby RVs do? When I insisted, he threw a temper tantrum and threw a loaner converter at me. Despite everything, we were determined to make the best of our weekend. However, an hour later I told the owner we were just going to leave. Needless to say, they were rude again and threatened to not give the security deposit back. Like what was that for anyway? The place is such a dump, they were not even curious about why we would want to leave. Absolutely no customer service demonstrated by these owners. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2012
The Outback Campground and Marina is an extremely friendly and beautiful place to be. I stayed 7 days in a cabin on the water with absolutely stunning and gorgeous views of the Trinity River and Lake Livingston. Heavily treed and grassy I couldn't ask for a more serene place to stay. It is 1 mile off of FM356 just outside of Trinity. I believe it to be one of the most serene and quiet campgrounds in this Texas area. NO ROAD NOISE and access for all RV’s seems simple and straightforward. Family tent campers were there fishing as well during my stay. Very family friendly and the owners make you feel like part of the family. I will be returning ASAP. We camped here in a Campground Cabin.
Display older reviews for Outback Campground and Marina