Nearby Appomattox, Virginia (Air Miles)
Parkview Mh
Appomattox, Virginia

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  no  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  no  yes  yes
October 2013
Wonderful park in beautiful setting. The park was nearly empty during our 3 day stay with only about 5 campsites occupied overall. Very quiet, great hosts and fairly level sites. Don't count on any Internet or cell access during your stay. Depending upon where we walked we had up to 1 bar on both Verizon and AT&T. Using our rooftop antenna we were able to get a perfect HD picture on the local NBC station and one other. The roadway into the park is narrow and we had to move over for an oncoming car to pass. I wondered how 2 RVs would manage to pass each other. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We are big fans of VA State Parks in general. We loved Holliday Lake. Very quiet. Paved roads. Well kept. Clean bathrooms/shower houses. Beach area clean. The kids loved swimming in the lake. Lots of activities--boat rentals, fishing, hiking, interpretive events. We will return! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
April 2013
This park is new or recently redone. For state parks, this is the best of the best. Roads are good to and in the park. Laurel Ridge area is for large rigs. Sites are gravel and level, but not many of them. We were here in early April and there was only one other site occupied. Bathhouses were the best. No laundry facilities so if your neighbor is wearing dirty clothes you know why. The main attraction is the dump station. Easy access in either direction. This one is by far the best I've ever used. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Holliday Lake State Park
October 2014

yes (Stream)
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question
October 2014
On a positive note, it was quiet up until Saturday night. The staff was friendly when we registered. They put us in a fairly newer site which was completed in July. I asked at registration if our satellite would work in that particular spot. The clerk stated no one had said anything about NOT getting it. So we went to the site which I will say was pretty level for a gravel site. We let out the slides, got all set up and no satellite signal. No cable either. I will say there are a lot of things for children - playgrounds, train on Fridays, bonfire on Friday, etc. There is a hiking trail around the lake, too. We were here when the pool was closed so we can't give an opinion about that. There are a LOT of permanent campers here. In regards to Saturday night, there was loud country music blaring all over. For those who are not country music fans - be prepared for this. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
My family and I camped here 5/13-5/19. The campground appeared very clean. The restrooms were cleaned every other day and were well stocked with toilet paper. I was told by a store employee that they renovated both of their cabins and are in the process of renovating the cottage with plans of purchasing additional cabins. The store employee's were very helpful and friendly during our stay. The pool was opened 3 days before we checked out and we did enjoy that. We were told the lake is stocked with fish, but we did not fish while we were there. We stayed on a 50 amp FHU site and found that our power and water pressure were adequate. There is a Wi-Fi hotspot around the store area. There are some potholes as mentioned by previous reviewers, but there is also a 15MPH speed limit sign so if you go slow enough they shouldn't cause any issues. We have stopped here a couple times in the past and I am glad we did not listen to some of the past reviews of this campground, because we thoroughly enjoyed it and will be back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I'm afraid I wasn't thinking "paradise" when we arrived at this park, nor during our stay. This is basically an older trailer park with some spots for transient RV's. My opinion is that several of the former reviewers were generous with their ratings. The park is fairly quiet, being off any main roads. Access is over a "pothole-a-plenty" paved road, and I had to contend with low tree branches scratching my motorhome. This is an item that really bothers me because it can be handled via inexpensive maintenance. So, this issue and several others confirmed that maintenance was sadly lacking here. I was able to get fairly level at my site, but many others were not close to level. Although I had a 50 amp hookup, my meter showed a fluctuating 108 volts, not enough to run my AC. Water pressure was less than 30 psi. The bathrooms and showers were adequate and cleaned daily. The pool and lake access look like they would be fun for kids. Each site had a picnic table and fire pit. This place may be suitable for folks in trailers wanting to visit for short periods, but not for larger units needing decent utilities and site access. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Paradise Lake Family Campground

no  no  no  question  no  question  question  question  question  question
no  no  no  question  no  question  question  question  question  question
This is a RV park with a mobile home park in the back. There are quite a few permanent residents in the RV park area as well. The grounds were clean and the staff friendly and hard working. We stayed here two nights while visiting Appomattox Court House which is just down the road (driving). The power was as advertised and water pressure good. The sites are all pull-through and the interior roads are easy to navigate with the car attached. The place is a good place to stay while visiting the area. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This "park" was not all that we had hoped for. It is simply a large open field with paved roads and level paved sites which we had expected, but we were surrounded by long-term residents in trailers that were in less than stellar condition. They have no facilities (bathrooms, showers, laundry) and no amenities. There are no tables or firepits. There is no store or laundry on the premises but there is a Walmart, laundromat, gas and fast food 5 minutes away. This is a place for a one or two night stay while visiting the Appomattox Courthouse National Park and the excellent Museum of the Confederacy which is directly across the street. We stayed here in a 33 foot fifth wheel and the rate quoted was with the Good Sam discount. Be aware that credit cards are NOT accepted. You must pay with cash or check. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2013
The park is conveniently located if you are enjoying the surrounding activities of Appomattox and the Museum of the Confederacy. However, the RV park is a no-frills park. There are no bathroom facilities or anything else for that matter. The park is very simple with three rows of 10 sites each that are all very level. We stayed here for several nights enjoying the local activities and visiting our daughter in school in Lynchburg. The RV Park was only half full and the owners allowed us to park a separate vehicle and pull behind trailer on the site next to ours. My only concern with the RV Park is that it is not fenced and while there were no security issues of any kind, I felt somewhat uncomfortable as I travel with four children. Also, there is some road noise from the nearby highway, but not as much as my children make. We paid extra for 2 people above the standard rate of 4. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Parkview MHP & RV Park