Nearby Mineral, Virginia (Air Miles)
Green Springs National
May 2012

question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  no  question  no
question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  no  question  no
May 2012
Super crowded over memorial day weekend - to be expected - playground very packed all weekend. I met some nice people there though. The boat launch is available for 10 dollars for the whole weekend. They have a small swim area on lake for the kids - crowded, but still okay - fairly safe. Sites for non-seasonal are a little too small for campers longer than 25 or so feet. Our friends could not open their awning and one guy across from us had to stick out in the road to open his slide out. I had a golf cart and since I am handicap and had proof, it was allowed. another fellow was told to put his cart back on his truck without handicap proof. I don't know what their issue is with gold carts. the staff use them and I saw the lady who owns it driving around on one too. My mom had to pay $5 a day to visit, and her truck was hit in the over fill parking lot - of course no one left a note to claim responsibility. We had sewer, but could not hook up to it because of the position of our camper on the site. We had to angle it so we did not stick out in the road. Sites are kind of crappy when it comes to length and width. we do plan to return for labor day because it is a good place to launch our boat, close to my son's home, and we are meeting friends there, but we reserved a spot on a hill in the open so we won't have problems fitting our 40 foot travel trailer in the spot. There are a ton of seasonal sites, some very old campers, but the sites are actually well kept even though campers are old. They had activities like music each holiday weekend night. They had a nice stocked store. I went night fishing; caught a lot of catfish. If you like people, boats, water, kids, nice people, lots of activities, this campground is for you. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2011
Gravel sites, not terrible, but be sure to bring lots of lumber for leveling. The sites are pretty doggone tight. The bathrooms and showers were reasonably clean, most of the time. We really liked the little beach area for the grandson. Biggest complaint was the water service. They did some maintenance work while we were there and didn't bother to notify anyone that the water would be turned off. When it was turned back on, it flowed absolutely black for a while. If it was me, I'd let people know. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2011
Some spots were right on top of each other, but we got lucky and had a nice big one. The playground was a little dated but was still very functional. They let you pick the spot for your fire pit so that was cool. There is a beach area and swimming area on site, as well as a boat launch. As far as fishing goes from the shore, the kids had a blast. If we caught one we caught 100 brim and bluegills. Small hooks, small bobber, light line and nightcrawlers; you can't go wrong. This was a great campground and had it not been Memormial Day weekend, it would have not have been so packed and there would have been a lot more room. One of the best parts was there were no golf carts except for the staff's. The store is well stocked and the staff was very friendly. We will be going back here again this summer! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Christopher Run Campground