206876 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Salem, Virginia (Air Miles)
1841 W Main St
Macado's
Hanging Rock Golf Club
Roanoke College
The Home Place
Roanoke Regional Airport
I-581 Exit 3E
4807 Valley View Blvd Nw
Sams Club?I-581:3E 1455 Town Sq Blvd (Located To Block)
Kabuki Japanese Steak H
Salem
Dixie Caverns Campground
2014-04-10 06:40:33
Salem, Virginia

question  question  no  yes  question  no  yes  question  no  question
question  question  no  yes  question  question  yes  question  no  question
Rustic, rustic, gravel/dirt/mud driveway and parking sites, most unlevel. Located in a valley below the freeway, so there might be noise tonight as heavily traveled truck route. Sites close together. Camp just 3 minutes off the interstate. I can see the interstate and cars from my front seat. But folks are very nice at check-in, which is located at Cavern, pottery store. We were here in a 36' rig. Looks like many full time residents. Before you park check out the water faucets. Quick for a one-nighter. Do not expect much.. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
Nice place. Not much in the immediate vicinity, but the Caverns are right there. Office staff very polite and helpful; sites ez to park and hookups no problem. Cable works great and is included. I'm sorry we didn't spend more time there. Huge gift/souvenir shop. We'll be back. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2013
The staff was very nice but this is an old campground that certainly shows it's age and neglect. Most of the sites appear to be occupied by full time residents. The interior roads and sites are gravel/dirt. My site was a pull thru and I was hemmed in between a large tree and the trailer beside me. I did not put my slide out because I felt it would hinder my neighbors entry and exit from his trailer. The site utilities are located at the head of the site and you will need long cables and hoses to reach. The bath house was small, outdated and not very clean. They did give us a $5 per adult discount on entry into the caverns which are on site. The tour of the caverns made the stay worth the stay. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Dixie Caverns Campground

This is primarily a mobile home park with some RV sites. Most of the RV sites are occupied by permanent residents who live here year round; so, available transient sites are limited to about a half dozen. This is one of those places you go to because the other parks in the area are so bad. But the park, all of the homes, and RVs are well maintained. The permanent residents are friendly. One even stopped at the entrance to assist me with unhooking my towed vehicle. You will feel safe here. Although the access road is big rig friendly, it is still about 15 minutes from the interstate. No one is usually in the office to check you in or take telephone calls. You will need to call for site availability and that most likely will result in having to leave a message. They only accept cash or check. There are no amenities which includes there not being a bath house. For your money, one gets a back-in, shade less, long, level, grass site with a concrete patio. The site is FHU, has strong 50A service, and decent space between you and your neighbor. There is no Wi-Fi, but you can receive half dozen OTA TV channels, satellite signal, and strong 3G Verizon cell service. The paved road goes through a portion of the mobile home park, but it is easily navigated. I have used this place a couple of times when passing the area, and will continue to do so. The cost probably should be a bit less for the lack of amenities, but the rating is based on the quality of what I got. We camped here in a Motorhome.