Nearby Salem, Virginia (Air Miles)
1841 W Main St
Macado's
Hanging Rock Golf Club
Roanoke College
The Home Place
Roanoke Regional Airport
I-581 Exit 3E
4807 Valley View Blvd Nw
Sams Club?I-581:3E 1455 Town Sq Blvd (Located To Block)
Kabuki Japanese Steak H
Salem
Dixie Caverns Campground
2014-06-26 12:56:25
Salem, Virginia

question  question  question  question  question  question  no  yes  question  no
question  question  question  question  question  question  no  yes  question  question
I'm sitting here on my shady site writing this review. We're staying 3 nights while attending a convention in Roanoke. Yes, I hear the highway noise but I also hear the many birds of the area and it is otherwise quiet and peaceful. Yes, the sites are smaller than we are used to, but the park isn't full so we have space on either side of us right now. Staff was very friendly and helpful at check-in. We are definitely used to more forest like camp sites, but with full hookups,very reasonable price, and proximity to Roanoke it can't be beat. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This CG has some potential! Looks like they only seem to cater to the Cave crowd. Sites are really tight-the guy next to us had to pull his awning in for us to get parked or we would have hit it. Unlevel gravel(not alot of gravel) sites. Site was pull through and very long (had car in tow to MH) but amenities are at the very end of site-so had to back up in order to use them.Stayed here overnight only. Needs alot of TLC before we would go back. Didn't bother with the Bath house either-one look and decided to use on board facilities. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed here for 2 weeks and I wish we had more time. The staff is friendly, sites relatively level, with the only complaint being that the sites are very close together. Outstanding Wi-Fi here and that's very important to me. Another small problem is the lack of access for a satellite antenna but they have good cable. Will definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Dixie Caverns Campground

This is primarily a mobile home park with some RV sites. Most of the RV sites are occupied by permanent residents who live here year round; so, available transient sites are limited to about a half dozen. This is one of those places you go to because the other parks in the area are so bad. But the park, all of the homes, and RVs are well maintained. The permanent residents are friendly. One even stopped at the entrance to assist me with unhooking my towed vehicle. You will feel safe here. Although the access road is big rig friendly, it is still about 15 minutes from the interstate. No one is usually in the office to check you in or take telephone calls. You will need to call for site availability and that most likely will result in having to leave a message. They only accept cash or check. There are no amenities which includes there not being a bath house. For your money, one gets a back-in, shade less, long, level, grass site with a concrete patio. The site is FHU, has strong 50A service, and decent space between you and your neighbor. There is no Wi-Fi, but you can receive half dozen OTA TV channels, satellite signal, and strong 3G Verizon cell service. The paved road goes through a portion of the mobile home park, but it is easily navigated. I have used this place a couple of times when passing the area, and will continue to do so. The cost probably should be a bit less for the lack of amenities, but the rating is based on the quality of what I got. We camped here in a Motorhome.