Nearby Winchester, Virginia (Air Miles)
Shenandoah University
Winchester
Candy Hill Campground
2014-08-12 23:26:20
Winchester, Virginia

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  no  yes  question
yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  no  yes  question
Camped in a 35 foot 5th wheel. Site A-13 is very tight for a rig of this length due to trees & hill. Owner was invaluable in assisting in & out. Site required two boards to level side to side; picnic table needed boards to level. Site is grass with shade. Campground has convenient access to highway, but is also noisy day & night. Laundry & shower houses need a face lift, but are clean. Showers have open & common bench & hooks. WiFi requires a fee. Staff are very friendly. Campground cable car ran two nights to a local yoghurt shop for $1.00 per person. Did not use pool, but it was busy & looked clean. Convenient to Winchester, Museum of the Shenandoah Valley. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Level backin with room to park across the street. Good water, elec, and sewer. Bathrooms are old but clean. WIFI is free for 1 hour, we did not try it. We were here with a group, and were further from the road noise. We have stayed before for one night traveling; it is expensive but convenient. We camped here in a fifth wheel. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Price reflects a Good Sam weekend with extra activities. The campground was well maintained with a lot of things for my kids to do. The bathrooms were clean but dated, but worked great. The site we stayed in was very small I wasn't able to park my truck at the site with my trailer I had to park in the grass across the street. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Cable was snowy and difficult to watch with limited channels. The extra activities that were included weren't worth the extra money, but that isn't totally the fault of the campground. I would stay here again just not for a Good Sam weekend. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Candy Hill Campground