Nearby Anacortes, Washington (Air Miles)
Swinomish 837 Casino Dr. Anacortes Wa 98221 360-293-2691 (Located To Zip)
Tt Wa La Conner 16362 Snee Oosh Rd Laconner 360-466-3558,Ttnlt
Naval Air Station - Whid
Westgate Rv Center
Rocky Point Rec Area
Chuckanut Manor
"Elks - E,W,D@ Ciity Pk - 155 Ne Ernst"
Oak Harbor
1250 Sw Erie St
Washington
Pioneer Trails RV Resort
2014-10-11 21:56:53
Anacortes, Washington

yes (Ocean)
yes  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question
September 2014
This is probably the best RV park in the area. They have several pricing structures depending on the area that you are in. We stayed in the cheap seats. The sites are level and gravel. The sites on the water side of the park appear to be a little wider. The only negative of the RV park is the sewer hook ups. They are down in a hole and your sewer connection is hard to connect. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014
Price reflects waterfront view---but SO worth it. Sites 1-18 are waterfront sites on the bay. Sites are level gravel and suitably wide for a rig with slides on both sides. Sites have grass around them. Hookups are appropriately placed. Good cell and wireless service. Staff was very helpful and friendly as well as informative for local attractions. Park has a meeting hall, which has a nice patio facing the bay with lounge chairs for relaxing. A very relaxing place to stay. We enjoyed watching the water fowl and sea lions play in the bay. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This park can be very nice if you get the right lot. We prefer Lot 113 which is extremely private and has a bay view. Lots 1-17 are also along the water; however, they are not very private. The rest of the park is pretty close living, especially Lots 18 thru 56. The driveways are wide enough if no one has parked their vehicle in the street. Good 50 amps. Quiet park close to town and ferry. Very busy park - suggest getting reservation. Picnic table is in disrepair. Good satellite access. We have stayed here before and will return again as long as we can get one of the sites mentioned above. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Fidalgo Bay Resort
September 2014

question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question
question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question
September 2014
The price stated is for a week for a premium spot and includes the high Washington state tax. Best, by far, to pay the monthly rate if you will be staying long. Overall, this is a fine campground for exploring in and around Anacortes. There were times during the day that the military planes could be heard and also nearby trains. However, nights were very quiet, and we slept with the windows open. The park was not full when we were there either so we had some privacy and our site was very large. Some of the interior roads can be a bit tight for large rigs (ours is 45 feet) but are doable. Many of the shady spots are taken by long-term renters and most appeared to be used only on weekends. Everything was clean and well taken care of. The main problem we had was intermittent WII FI. It was either moving along fine or screeching to a halt. We resorted to using our phones most of the time. So it's irritating to pay a rather high price for a site with iffy WII FI. As others have mentioned, it's a bit dicey, even in a car, getting on highway 20. They really need a stoplight there. We camped here in a Motorhome.
First let me say that this park could really be a great park. The owner and staff are friendly. But some things need attn. First, laundry room needs upgrading. Second, the roads are dusty and the Lignite that they spray on the roads in mid to late July helps but gets messy when it rains more permanent solution should be found. 5mph speed limit needs better enforcement. There are trees that need to be looked at dead limbs hanging and some trees look dead most of the way up. Last and this is not something they have control over but you need to be careful when getting out onto the main road can be challenging The rate is based on monthly stay we stayed three months but will not be going back. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This is a very nice campground well kept, in a good area, room for the largest of RVs. The young man that's is campground host is so polite and helpful. Nice playground and large off-leash dog area. Nice on-site store if you need something, and a clean laundry room. Close to everything, my only bad comment is there is a very dangerous left turn coming out of the campground, with no light, hard to pull out with a big rig, but can be done. There are a lot of people living here, but this is a large park and all sites well kept! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Pioneer Trails RV Resort

no  no  no  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question
no  no  no  question  question  question  question  question  no  question
Nice park with many improvements underway. Very good Two-Salmon Restaurant in hotel. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Swinomish Hotel/Casino/RV Park Review 12885 Casino Drive Anacortes WA 98221, 360-293-2691 www.swinomishcasino.com The Hotel requires that RV’s pay a RV parking Fee to stay in the parking lot. $10 to $30 plus tax according to Security. They do not charge cars to stay in the parking lot! I find this ridiculous that RV must pay to be able to go to the Casino play Slots/Bingo and eat food at the Casino. RVs are parked in a little used vacant part of the parking lot and no services are used except in my case one car parking spot. They do have a substandard RV Park that has very limited services and very low power (about 90 volts or less), which can damage your electrical and electronic equipment. Which it has done to me! My power supply and my fridge were damaged and I had to replace them at my cost, as the manufacture would not honor the warranty. Camping World in Burlington had my RV for about eight months trying to get the manufacture to pay. I agree with many of the reviews posted on line, many which are as follows. In the fifteen or so years we have visited Northern Lights/ Swinomish Casino/RV Park there has been no real improvements and little maintenance to the RV Park, lights, damage plugs and pipes are repaired when someone complaints about them in writing. No facilities for the RV campers, no washrooms, no showers, no laundry, and sewer connector located between RV where the picnic tables are located, not pleasant to eat or sit at. Train runs right beside the camp ground at all times of the day and night, sounds its air horn three times before crossing the rail bridge, wakes everyone up at around 4AM in the Hotel and RV Park. Hotel has taken over reservations from the casino and wants everything charged to your credit card, they have to call a supervisor if you want to pay in cash and they still may charge your credit card which will take months to get a refund. Hotel does not take reservations but assigns campsites regardless of the size and type of RV. They have been very unorganized and it can take some time to check in. Power is low, (about 90- Volts) you must have a cable box to get cable and channels are very iffy, possible due to the low power. Water pressure is very high so be sure to use a pressure regulator. A large air conditioner (about the size of a city bus) is located behind the hotel closet to the RV Park that can be quite noisy, Ducts can pulsate and some times has a high frequency noise that only some people can hear, I am one that can hear it and have to use ear plugs to sleep and not get a head ache. Finding your way into the RV Park is difficult and at night as it is very poorly lighted. Wifi is intermittent; you can connect to the router but not the Internet. Site numbers are difficult to see they are now painted on road where road dirt will obscure them, before they were on posts. They water the grass at inappropriate times, it can be a real challenge to get between the RV park and hotel especially at night as you can hear the sprinklers but can not see them. Granted the Casino is open 24/7 so no mater what time they turn on the sprinklers someone will get wet, but they could have them on between 1 and 4AM instead of the busy times of the day, timers are set by the lawn maintain people who, I do not think have considered that people need to get back and forth between the hotel and RV park. There is not much of a variety of food offered at Swinomish just about all of it is very spicy and is more for the Spanish palate, which maybe is their customer base. They went high class and fancy after the Hotel was built. As no washrooms for the RV Park I have witnessed some disgusting acts. When camping in site 11 I had to take my dog for a walk at 4AM and saw someone squatting at the rear of their RV in site 8. Later after they left I realized he had taken a dump behind the RV. I called the Casino and they sent someone out with a dustpan and broom to clean it up. While staying in site 32, I saw two people in site 33 who had a van, not an RV, use a bucket to go to the bathroom, later when it got dark they dumped the bucket in the long grass. I have also seen the same thing happen at the Silver Reef Casino. Another time we stayed in site 20, at least 10 people with five cars stayed in site 21 in a large popup camper. In the morning I witnessed both men and women taking a pee behind their RV and two males took a pee in the area behind my slide out where my power cord, water hose and cable cord is. I expect this also happened during the night, which I did not see. After they left I got my hose and washed the area. When you see something on the ground don’t assume someone did not clean up after their dog! I realize that the Hotel cannot control the discussing actions of some of the campers but providing services such as washrooms would greatly reduce this activity. Or only lettings RV that are self-contained use the RV Park. Some campers have nothing more than a Van or pickup with a canopy; they must think they are staying in a full service RV park and do not want to walk to the Hotel to go to the bathroom or get wet from the sprinklers. They give themselves a high positive rating I suspect the positive rating are by employees. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is a convenient park for gamblers at the casino. It is also convenient for shopping in the Burlington and Mount Vernon area. However, there are no facilities for the RV campers. The train runs right beside the campground and does run at all hours of the night. This is very disturbing for sleep. We found the rate to be very high for a casino park. The rate has increased substantially since the hotel took over running of the RV park from the casino. We will stay at another park that is close by. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Swinomish Northern Lights Casino RV Park

9   7   7   8   2   7   1   1
question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question
question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question
First weekend of the season. Perfect weather. Site A-10 was very private. Great hiking and view points to die for of San Juan Islands. A short bike trip to Anacortes and close to ferry terminal. Would stay again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2012
For our setup this park works fine. We are a 17' trailer and we like a woodsy setting. Reminds me of a USFS campground. Being February, I expected the water to be turned off at the sites, but it was on! Bathrooms were closed for the season in the camp loops - a bit inconvenient but we had our own in the trailer. Very shaded. Great trails. I'd stay again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2011
I read the reviews on the site before camping here. I have to say that the reviews are right: the roads are narrow; the entrance to the campground is narrow; the sites are not level. BUT it is extremely family friendly and for the money, you really can't beat it! We really enjoyed our time here and enjoyed having the deer come visit us while we ate dinner. The tide pools were great, but were in an area that was too steep to take our two year old. It is in a fantastic location and my little girl loved throwing rocks into the water. Some sites would accommodate a big rig and we actually saw some larger motorhomes in a couple of sites. Be prepared to bring a lot of leveling blocks! We would camp here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Washington Park Campground