Nearby Port Angeles, Washington (Air Miles)
3500 Hwy 101

5   7   6
no  yes  yes
no  yes  yes
September 2014
Great location for exploring Olympic National Park. Close to Safeway for groceries and gas. Expanded cable TV. No restrooms. Utilities in back of site. Do not stay in site #8; it is next to storage shed and we were unable to extend our awning. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2012
Older small park. Staff is friendly and helpful. Several longer term sites. Good location for seeing the Port Angeles region. We would stay here again if in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2009
Spaces not very level and the managers are not friendly. If you pay additional for electricity, an additional meter reading fee of $15 is charged. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014

question  question  yes  question  yes  question  no  question  question  question
question  question  question  question  question  question  no  question  question  question
September 2014
Friendly, easy access, just east of town. A little road noise, but not enough to bother. I would stay here again when in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2014
This is supposed to be Passport America but campground does not follow the schedule published in P.A. book or on P.A. web site. Do not accept credit card. Estimate 30 of 35 sites are "permanent" guests with some looking like they have occupied space for years. Park advertises "Club Pavilion w/water & electric". In reality this is campground workshop. Advertise Picnic tables. I saw four. Space between sites is about 8' to 10' max. They do have WiFi. Probably would not stay here again as other parks in area look nicer at same price. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stopped here because it was convenient to Hurricane Ridge. The campground was pretty dated but clean. Has laundry facilities in the office. Worked out well for what we wanted. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Conestoga Quarters RV Park

2   1   6   8   2   5   8   3   5
yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes
yes  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes
We thought that this park was one of the worst we have ever visited because it is so over priced. This dumpy, shabby place was not worth the $53.99 for only one night. The Wi-Fi only works near the office. They wouldn't let me bring my computer into the office, but suggested I use a nearby picnic table outdoors in the drizzle and cold! The sites are in deplorable condition: weedy, half dead grass, a "patio" smaller than the picnic table, ugly laundry room and rest rooms. It would have been okay for about $20-$30 but $53.99 is ridiculous. The staff was very busy patrolling with binoculars and walkies-talkies to make sure that no one was trespassing on to the property. Anyone who sets foot on their precious private beach must pay $6 and they were far more focused on that than on the paying guests already there. We would absolutely NOT recommend this park to anyone. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
It is a little more than parking lot for RVs. Just dead grass, a table, and a fire pit. The RV are very close together. There are no play area for for children, pets on leach at all times. All visitors have to pay $6 to just enter the camp. We had friends who stopped by to say hello for a few minutes in our RV, they had to pay just to drop by. The staff was incredibly uncaring, and rude to them. I would not recommend this RV camp to anyone. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2011
Staff is wonderful, friendly, and helpful, but this park needs some rethinking. The pads are not well laid out, and someone needs to go out with you and show you where to park. Dump is old and antiquated, and WI-FI is slow. I really believe they cater to daily surfers, not RVs, and the full page list of rules and regulations and the need to wear a wristband while on the beach attest to that. Cell phones pick up Canada, so if you use it, you will be charged international rates. (We were told if you go to the east end of the park, you can pick up US. Open all year. Forewarning. If you are coming from the west side of the Peninsula and your GPS tells you to take Beach Road, just east of Lake Crescent, Beach Road is only one lane wide and 25 MPH. We were lucky; we only met one car that managed to get around us because we wouldn't have been able to back up. Trucks are not allowed, but we didn't see any warning signs and no place to turn around. We would probably return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Crescent Beach & RV Park
October 2014

yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
October 2014
We used our Good Sam 10% discount. We liked the layout of the sites, terraced on the pull-throughs with back-ins around the perimeter. Wi-Fi was not as good as hoped from previous reviews. Other utilities were fine. Laundry was expensive at $2.50 for a wash and 2.50 for a dry. Nice common area for BBQ and brand new bathrooms & showers (pay per shower) I don't think there is a better location to visit Port Angeles, WA and the NP at Hurricane Ridge. There are lots of local culture here too besides the NP. It's only 5 quick miles to downtown. This park is clean, safe and scenic. We will return if in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014
We stayed 5 nights. Very nice campground and long time family owned. May be going thru ownership change in near future. Sites rustic and clean. Great location for Olympic National Park which is what we wanted. Also ferry to Victoria right there did day trip. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Sites are more closely spaced than I'd like, though at least as good as the norm for commercial campgrounds. Wi-Fi is unusually good. Well kept attractive park in a fun area to visit. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Elwha Dam RV Park

6   7   1   6
yes  question  question  question
question  question  question  question
Made the reservation over the phone, Spent 2 nights. Beautiful lake view as you drive in. Campsites very close together. When I backed in, my door opened onto the tent in the site next door. My table was on the other side of the RV. The tent campers were horrified I might stay and I have just a little rig. They did accommodate my request to move and I noticed they did not have any other takers on the spot while I was there. I was not very impressed. Food in the deli expensive and not that good. I was quite impressed when my server started up the vacuum cleaner right after she delivered my meal. No, I will not be going back there. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Lake Crescent is stunningly beautiful and so it's worth the time to stay right on its shore when visiting. This resort was a little shabby, but nice enough to recommend because of the lake. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to make reservations from their web site (it only seems to want you to reserve a room), but I knew we were off-season so I just went by when we got there and took my chances. The clerk seemed confused that I didn't have a reservation, but eventually worked it out, and then was somewhat restrictive about what sites she would put me in. That all took on a new complexion later in the afternoon, and seemed a bit silly, when we realized that we were literally the only RV guests in the entire place. Still, that's just an oddity and not really a problem. The site we did get had a view of the lake and it really was beautiful. There is a restaurant there, that we didn't use but that looked nice, and you can rent boats, kayaks or canoes to paddle on the lake (you should--it is the clearest lake you will ever see). While sitting at the edge of the lake, an otter swam up and munched on a crawfish right in front of us, so that was a real treat. The sites are your typical parking lot with about a foot of grass between each. The utilities all worked fine. It was lovely with no one else there, but will probably feel pretty crowded once full. All in all, if you can figure out how to make a reservation (which I'm sure you'll need once the season starts), this is well worth the visit. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2009
I made a campground reservation for the fourth of July weekend for a Truck with a Camper and a Ford Explorer with a tent. When I showed up for the reservation, they did not honor the reservation that was taken, and I was forced to find other accommodations on Thursday July 2. In addition, one of the employees at the resort was extremely snotty and unpleasant. I would not recommend this place to anyone!!! We camped here in a Truck Camper.
Display older reviews for Log Cabin Resort / Olympic Nat'l Park
May 2011

May 2011
This is for an extended stay and I was working in Port Angeles for a few months on a construction job, so it worked out perfect for me to pull my rig in. It was clean, comfortable, safe and had all the hookups I expected. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014

question  question  question  no  question  no  yes  question  no  question
question  question  question  no  question  no  yes  question  question  question
September 2014
This park has new owners who are making great efforts to improve their park and bring up to KOA standards. The owners are very friendly and helpful. We had a long 50amp pull-thru site with a direct view of the Olympic Mountain Range. This is a good base camp to explore the Olympic National Park. We would stay here again and recommend it. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is more of a tent camping place. The sites are not level and are mostly dirt. Only a few 50 amp sites and two are "premium" and two in a hole. Roads are full of holes. Does not look like they take care of this place very well. Will never go back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This KOA does not come up to the standards we are used to at KOAs. Normal park maintenance was just not there. The recycle area was more like an open trash area, totally inadequate. The park is next to Highway 101 so there is a lot of traffic noise. There are many other parks in the area that appear to be a better choice. It is highly unlikely that we will stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Port Angeles / Sequim KOA

yes (Ocean)
yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  no  yes
yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  no  yes
Beautiful coastal views and tide pools! The campground itself is in a historic site with WWII gun emplacements on display - a great history lesson. Site in the campground vary widely. We stayed in the wooded section of the park where there are no hookups. Sites are tight for RVs, but privacy is high due to many trees. Non-hook up sites seem intended for tenters but we chose this section of the park rather than the open bluff area with hookups. Views from the bluff area are spectacular but privacy is non-existent. The park was packed with families and kids during our visit. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
We have been to Salt Creek Recreational Area many times and it never disappoints. When the regular coastal fog clears, there are wonderful views of the Strait of Juan De Fuca. You can pass the time watching cruise ships and huge tankers on the horizon. A few short steps down to the water's edge is a prime place to catch the sunrise and sunset. Nearby Tongue Point also provides for breathtaking views. Don't expect Wi-Fi connectivity, the park does not provide it, and unless you want to pay huge international roaming fees from Canada, you won't have cell service most of the time. There are no sewer hookups although there is a dump station. There is a nice mix of RV and tent campers and all are well behaved. In the space where we stayed, there was ample room for slideouts, awnings, and parking for our towed vehicle. Do check their web site for specific info, as spaces vary in size and amenities. We will revisit any chance we get. We can't say enough good things about the little haven. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Incredible view over Puget Sound here! If you are a bit athletic, you can even climb down to the tide pools, but be warned there is a lot of fog here. Paved roads and paved sites, although a bit close together compared to a lot of public campgrounds. (This is owned by the county.) Location is close to Hoh Valley and Neah Bay, and not too bad a drive into Port Angeles. BIG WARNING, however, is that your cell phone and mobile hotspot will likely roam into Canada from this campground. I logged in $50 worth in just a few minutes while first being told on the phone by Verizon that my hotspot could not roam and then being told it could! I turned off roaming on my cell phone, but that meant I could not get any service at all much of the time--just a slight signal occasionally. Luckily Verizon reversed my charges but I could easily have spent a lot more without knowing it. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Salt Creek Recreation Area

8   7   8
question  question  yes
question  question  yes
$15 per night (that’s the weekly rate which is half off the daily rate of $29) was for a full hookup site with a fire ring & picnic table. The staff was very friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable about the area. All sites are mostly level gravel pads. The sites have full sun for half the day & shade for the rest. We used the campground (actually located in Joyce) as our base to visit the northern section of Olympic National Park. It is also near to Port Angeles and Sequim which offer shopping and dining aplenty. Olympic National Park is spectacular with its diversity. The scenic roadways have awesome vistas and pull-offs to access its hundreds of miles of trails. Bicycles are allowed on the roadways but not the trails. AT&T service was three bars of 4G LTE and our Milliencom jetpack was getting two bars of 3G so we used them both for internet access as the free campground Wi-Fi was mostly unusable. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We made this reservation by accident, thinking we were talking by phone with another campground with similar name. If we had seen it first, we probably wouldn't have tried to stay there, but we would have missed out on a good experience. Most of the long-term residents in quite elderly trailers seem to be working class folks. All were friendly, and camp hosts went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We were assigned a nice level grass site with full hookups, a picnic table and plenty of room for our tow vehicle. The park has limited amenities, and the trash cans were filled to overflowing several times during our week-long stay. However, there is a 9 hole golf course affiliated with the park where guests can rent a cart and golf all day for just $10. Salt Creek RV Park is a very casually run operation (cash or check only with no deposit down and an equally casual reservation system). However, it is very convenient to the Olympic National Park, and met all our needs. WiFi was included with our $105 plus electric weekly rate -- and it worked pretty well in the early morning hours. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2010
Don't know why this park has not been rated before. We visited all the parks in Port Angeles area: not many good options. Yes, the county park is ok but very noisy. This park is great, off the main hiway, and very quiet at night. Close to all the places one wants to visit. The owner is a great guy. The nightly rate is $24, but the weekly rate is $95, a great deal when the rest of the parks around are about twice that. Yes, there is a lot of full time residents, but they are very laid back and tend to keep an eye on things for you when your out exploring. WiFi was great. Has satellite TV and internet great. Verizon cell excellent. We would highly recommend this park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

9   8   8   8   8   8   5   1   7
question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
As others have stated, this is a very nice park. Probably one of the best in the area. Centrally located to hit the high spots like Olympic NP, Cape Flattery, Forks, HOH rain forest, etc. 43' coaches fit well in the first row. WiFi times out multiple times per hour and requires to you sign in. Road noise is noticeable during the day, but real quiet at night. The owners are good people and really care for this place. We would return next time we're here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Nice terraced site with easy back-in access for 25 ft van but don't suppose it'd be so good for big rigs. Only one other visiting van in the two nights we stayed. There is a Grill but it was just basically burgers so we did without. We camped here in a Motorhome.
The owners actually work in the camp, the store and its grill (the food is good and the prices are reasonable). VERY friendly and easy to interact with. Just enjoyable people. Each row in the RV Pk is terraced which gives more privacy. The wind break trees in the front will block most of the views. We were in the 2nd site, 1st row and could see the mountain across from us. They are well spaced apart and the back-in for my 36' 5th wheel was not a problem. Park is very clean and well maintained. The only downsides are no TV (not a bad break for a change) and the Wi-Fi was like most parks - not very good. We used our wireless modem most of the time. We checked out other parks on US 101 and this one was by far the best one. Granny's Café is close by - the food is fair and over-priced. In Port Angeles, KoKopells food is above average. In Port Angeles the Café Garden is in a beautiful setting and the food was EXCELLENT! We ate there twice. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Shadow Mountain Campground RV Park

September 2014
Basically a gravel parking lot with RV hook-up at 17 back-in parking spots. Nice enough but overpriced for what they provide other than location in National Park. We camped here in a Motorhome.