Nearby Soap Lake, Washington (Air Miles)
Soap Lake Resort-22818 Hwy 17 N

7   8   7   5
no  yes  yes  question
no  yes  yes  question
August 2012
Pretty much a gravel parking lot, but the RV sites back right up to the lake so this makes up for the lack of grass and room between sites. The showers looked like they had not been cleaned in a month or more. The price is great for full hookups this close to the lake. We also have 4 kids so normally that would mean extra fees, but there are none here. We also called the other RV park on the lake and they said we could park in their overflow parking for twice the price as we paid at this RV park. One catch is the sewer connection is right next to the water and electric so our trailer hookup would not reach. There is no shade so it can get very hot, but then again you are so close to the lake you can take a dip. Most people we encountered here spoke Russian which made for an interesting stay. We enjoyed camping here. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2010
Probably my favorite place to camp overall when I come to the Ephrata Soap Lake area. Has a clean restroom and shower, which is really important to me. I usually can get a spot near the restroom. A short walking distance to Soap Lake and my favorite area restaurant, Don's Restaurant. No wireless internet but then I can use one of the libraries in the area for that. Reasonable price. Some noise off the road but not bad in my insulated truck camper. Only weakness is that I prefer to have at least a couple other campers nearby, so one time last October camping by myself I was the only one there, so in that case I probably would go to one of the bigger parks. However, most of the time there are other campers so it is not an issue. Will camp there again soon. We camped here in a Truck Camper.
June 2009
The only negative of this campground is the afternoon wind as it is in the mouth of a canyon. It is clean with updated utilities. It is next to a highway, but the traffic is slow. We felt it is an excellent value and is under utilized. We will stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Smokiam Campground

yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes
We visited this RV Resort based on the fact they offer a discount to Passport America members, which we are. This was the first RV park we had visited that took the Passport America card and we were satisfied with the RV Park. The spots are a bit dirty and the spots are smaller. The washroom is not incredibly clean nor dirty and the laundry room leaves some desire. The one huge benefit was the Wi-Fi, this park had a very reliable Wi-Fi network. During our two-day stay, I never once reverted to our MiFi cards. The park itself is starting its winter lock down, so it was under 20% filled when we were there. The location of the park on the lake was a bonus; the morning view was something I enjoyed each morning. The proximity to the highway was negative, large trucks would occasionally roll by and shake our RV even though we were a few rows in. Would I recommend this park? Sure, it is a nice place to visit for a few days. Will we come back? Probably not, unless we were just passing through. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I recommend this resort 100%! It is, to use an over-used word, Awesome! It is an experience not to be missed. It is an indescribably beautiful park and lake, not to mention relaxing. At the same time, there are always activities going on in the area if you like to keep busy. There is lots of shade, and the lake is full of minerals, perfect for whatever ails you. The owners and managers are all very friendly, helpful, and their number one concern while you're here is that you're comfortable and happy. The staff keeps the grounds very clean, even on busy weekends or holidays. The beach is plenty large enough for swimming or sun bathing. The only problem, and it's a Small one, is the Wi-Fi isn't very good, But, other people haven't had any trouble with it, so it probably depends what spot you're staying in. It certainly wouldn't keep me away. I couldn't recommend this park highly enough. It's awesome! To quote the Chamber of Commerce: Soap Lake "IS" Washington's Health Resort! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Very family oriented park. Many things to do for kids as well as adults. Well maintained with a friendly staff. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Soap Lake RV Resort