Nearby Woodland, Washington (Air Miles)
Union 76
2014-10-13 01:06:21
Woodland, Washington
October 2014

yes (River)
question  question  yes  yes  question  no  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  question  question  yes  question  no  yes  yes  question  yes
October 2014
The first time we stayed at this park we really enjoyed it because of the wonderful view. Unfortunately we returned this year in Oct. We'd made a reservation 2 weeks in advance, stressing that we wanted a pull-through, were 43 ft. with a tow and needed 50 amp. When we got there we discovered that this park has converted one site into 2 sites, making parking very close. Worse yet, there is only one power pole and whoever arrives first gets the 50 amp (which is not told to you when you make the reservation). Being an all electric RV out set up went from the normal 10 minutes to a 1.5 hr. saga as they tried to hook us up to a 50 amp 2 sites away! ONLY after the nice man next door agreed to move his 50 amp to one site away could we finally reach his 50 amp with our 50 ft line AND an extension. And we needed an extension for not only the power cord but also the sewer and the cable. This is NOT a user friendly RV park because of the conversion of one site into two. In my mind if you have the policy "first come, gets the 50 amp", you cannot take reservations for a 50 amp without telling them of your greedy policy - you get charged for a 50 amp but you may not get one. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014
Been here many times but this will be our last. As stated by many the location is great, right on the Columbia river. Negatives: may need to share a common electrical post if 5th wheel and MH are side by side. Only one 30 and one 50 amp on each post. First come first serve, if you are second you may end up with 30 amp service - poor option if hot and multiple A/C units reqd. But worst of all - guest rules. Quoted from their park rules: "visitor fees are %5 per vehicle or $2.50 per person whichever is greater. Max number of persons per site is 6, registered guests and visitors". So imagine if grandma/grandpa want family of 5 to visit. Sorry that exceeds the 6 max - you've got to be kidding!!! Of course 4 guests are OK if you are willing to pay $10. Again, are you serious!! Next time we will go 20 miles up the road to Kelso. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Beautiful setting right on the river. Watch the ships go by from your site or stroll down and sit on one of the benches provided at the riverbank. Owner is very friendly and grounds are well manicured. Will stay here again!! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Columbia Riverfront RV Park

yes (River)
yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes
yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes
Very tight spaces. I couldn't extend my awning if another RV was next to me. Tiny patch of grass in each space. Very strict about pets. Not allowed to walk them around the park. Only a tiny area to walk them, and the adjacent area past a chain link fence, under a bridge to a field. They specifically not to allow them to urinate on grass, flowers, etc. The couple that run the park seem to completely emphasize the rules over the fun, from the time I arrived to check in, and appear to watch over it on closed circuit cameras all the time. I set down a bag of recycling since I couldn't find any recycling bins and before I had a chance to go ask them where to put it they were out drilling me with questions about it. Frankly it started to feel a bit like a police state. The wifi is not free, but charge by the night. I didn't pay for it so I can't speak to the quality there. Otherwise the park is very clean all around. I doubt I'd stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Very nice people running the park. It was clean and neat but the spots are so small and narrow. We had to ask the neighbor to pull their awnings in just so we could get our slides out. This only left about 3 foot walking space between RVs. Very tight and hard to maneuver rig in and out of spots. The park was full and felt cramped. There is no room to sit outside your RV. We were parked right by the river but it is a steep embankment covered in weeds so there was no river access. The entrance and exit to the park is steep so you may drag bottom here. This might be a good park if you are in a small rig. We would never attempt it again in our big rig. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Woodland Shores RV Park is just the best! Esther and Tom work their tails off to keep it that way. While there is easy access to Interstate 5 and local businesses, Woodland Shores is a quiet comfortable retreat along the North Fork of the Lewis River. Our assigned space was an end facing the river and only a shore walk to large well maintained bathroom/shower facilities. Tom stopped by and asked us if we were satisfied with our space and was there anything we needed. We have relatives in the area we visited and would gladly stay at Woodland Shores when we are again in the area. We suggest making a reservation. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Woodland Shores RV Park