Nearby Yakima, Washington (Air Miles)
1600 E Chestnut Ave
Fisher Golf Course
Selah Trailer & Camper S
Yakima Air Terminal
Suntides Golf Course
Rest Area On Wa I-82 At Mile Marker 23 Unverified.
Washington

9   10   10
question  yes  yes
question  question  question
$7.5
The rate reflects my National Park access pass. This is a dry campsite that sits on the Yakima River. The park only had 5 campers in it including the host. We packed into a huge site next to the river and were very pleased. We would definitely stay here again! We camped here in a Truck Camper.
July 2012
Great park for birdwatching, rafting, fishing, hiking, kicking back, and getting away from it all. Spectacular scenery. Seven day limit. Verizon signal weak and sometimes unreliable. No facilities except vault toilets and dumpsters. Bring your own water. Small blacktop boat ramp. Day use picnic sites. Sites and roads are good level blacktop with picnic tables (all wheelchair accessible) and fire rings. Many are suitable for big rigs. Some partially shaded, some in full sun. A few pull-throughs, several tent sites. On site host. Price reflects senior access pass rate. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2009
This park and recreation area is operated by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. The campground was completely reconstructed and paved last year. New fire pits, new tables and restrooms. The campground sites have paved pads and have separated paved pedestrian sidewalks, which were curbed and perfect for my toddlers to ride their bicycles on. Campground has plentiful river access and a nice sand ramp boat launch. Also a river viewing platform with rails is available. The scenery is breathtaking. Campground is open all year and is free with the exception of May 15th thru Labor Day Weekend. Cellular reception was great, and the campground has an emergency satellite phone mounted in the main information area. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.

September 2014
Absolutely the most creative (less than factual) website I've ever seen. Cable TV was turned off long ago. Pool with a tarp over and green water; 'hasn't been open for a long time' I was told. Playgrounds, tether ball is one rundown swing set. Mini-golf, Café is the shack behind the padlock. Advertised rates are not accurate either. As senior I paid $37 cr card, then $32 second night 'if I wrote a check.' Yes there are pull-through sites but not 60'. We are 38' with jeep toad. We pushed to the front and had to park the toad diagonally. Grass is 3'6" wide, so that is space between sites. About 90% are long-term residents or stored units. No sound barrier between interstate -- a very busy interstate. We watched as more than 3 big rigs pulled in and pulled right back out again after they managed to get turned around in the property next door which is an abandoned gravel lot. We camped here in a Motorhome.

question  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question
question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question
We pulled in without a reservation, the staff gave us a nice spot. This is an easy to get to park off US12 with nice wide sites and well thought out utilities. All sites are nose to tail, a layout I really like. The streets are nice and wide for easy turns, the sites are long enough that I didn't have to unhook the trailer, 80'. This is a campground I would return to if in the area again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I'm not as happy with this place as other reviewers. The reason is that after I paid and was walking out of the office the manager says Oh, by the way, we have a water main break so fill up your tank for the weekend because we're shutting the water off till at least tomorrow. I could have been told that up front. I was just hoping my pump worked since I hadn't use it for a long time. The park is a very clean and well maintained park. I would estimate its 80% permanent or full summer occupants since its adjacent to a golf course. The pads are paved, but you may still need some leveling blocks because the asphalt pads have troughs in them. There are no picnic tables so bring your own. The shaded sites are pretty much used by the long term occupants. The sewer connections are not centered so look at the distance before you unhook. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2012
Very nice park and right next door to a good local golf course. Access to the site was great with wide turns and wide level sites. Lots of grass and shade trees, a real help during the summer heat. There are about 60% year rounders, but they appear to have excellent quality requirements as the sites are filled with flowers, and shrubs. We would recommend this park and will stay here again when passing through. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Suntides Golf Course RV Park
September 2014

yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
September 2014
This is an older park located in a very run down area of Yakima. Unfortunately, most of the inhabitants are permanent locals. The site was adequate and reasonably maintained. The shower and bathroom facilities were also clean and well maintained. We also found the staff helpful and friendly. However, we did not feel safe in the surroundings. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We have stayed in many RV parks in 5 years of fulltime RV travel. This ranks as one of the worst. I am an ER nurse and get a different picture of the town. Many overdose, assault and other drug use patients came from this area, some were found leaning against the fence of the RV park. This area is the worst area of Yakima. They have barbed wire coils and razor wire fence surrounding the park, for good reason, and yet they make you take your pet OUTSIDE of the fence for the pet walk. If they see your dog potty inside the fence they charge you a $25 fee. Note, that is not if you don't clean it up, if your dog potties AT ALL, they charge you. Even after you clean it up. The Wi-Fi is useless. So much so that they told me just to use the Wi-Fi signal from the nearby Best Western. The park manager said that was what they used. The customer service was abysmal. They seemed to not care if we like the place, so long as we strictly obeyed all rules. So, if you don't mind surly employees, high crime and the meth lab in the semi-abandoned hotel just down the road, by all means, this is your place. Otherwise, avoid this place at all costs. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
At check-in I was greeted by a friendly staff member. Our site was a paved pull-through with grass on either side and included a table. The large trees between the sites are starting to buckle the pavement which made our site slightly unlevel. While walking around the park I noticed a small playground and a pet walk just outside the fence and along the street sidewalk. The pet walk area must be where the smokers go as well as there were many cigarette butts on the ground. The cable TV had around 30 channels. The park Wi-Fi router was having issues, but I was able to connect through another network. There are many permanent residents at this park. Most of the transients appear to be placed in the front pull-throughs. I would stay here again if in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Trailer Inns RV Parks

question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question
question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question
September 2014
This is an urban campground located within the city limits of Yakima. Our campsite did have full hook ups but we only connected to electric. The hook ups were located at the very rear of the site and not convenient. Verizon cell/mifi worked well. I would not call this campground big rig friendly for several reasons. We had a pull thru site that was long enough but so narrow that we barely missed the fire pit with the truck (on the right) and the utilities with the 5th wheel (on the left). The utilities have concrete barriers that you find in parking lots to protect them because I am sure they have been taken out by RVers trying to park. The trees desperately need trimming and we felt fortunate to escape without roof damage. We talked to the ranger about it and he was ambivalent at best. Watering occurs every day which makes the grass green but floods the streets and hits your vehicle as you drive to your site. We would not stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Price reflects senior pass. Lovely park, immaculately maintained. Good cell on Verizon. Would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Great welcome from the ranger when we checked in. I think it was $38 but it may have been a little cheaper. Very pleasant and well set up site in a wooded and flat park setting. Not many vans around but lots of sites were flagged as booked for the coming weekend, so it would be hard to get casual camping then. Handy for Yakima and Tuppenish - well worth a visit for the murals. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Yakima Sportsman State Park