Nearby Barboursville, West Virginia (Air Miles)
5170 Us 60 E
Barboursville
Beech Fork State Park
2013-07-31 20:24:35
Barboursville, West Virginia

yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  no  yes
yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  no  yes
Nice park. We stayed in the Old Orchard section in a pull through lake front site. No cell coverage on our Sprint phones (talked to a few people and found out best signal is ATT). Saw lots of wildlife including many deer does and fawns and 2 bucks. Contrary to opinions on here, I loved the curvy, hilly roads. Being from Florida, I enjoyed driving the roads in my car and was just extra careful when in my class A pulling a toad. Nice pool and recreation area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We loved the park. We stayed in a 50amp full hookup spot. Fantastic bike riding and dog walking. Sites are not real close together, pretty level and good power and water. Nice lake, tennis courts and swimming pool close by even tho we didn't use them. Septic is at the back of the site but make it nice in my mind. Bathrooms are plenty good. Downsides for us,, no Verizon service, didn't get satellite but probably could have if we moved over one site. THE ROAD IN IS VERY BAD!! Narrow, sharp curves, mailboxes and guard rails right on the road. If not for the lack of cell service and the road in I would have given this park a 9. And I have NEVER given a 10 yet I don't think. The road would be fine for the more narrow trailers but our motorhome was tight tight tight. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2011
Beautiful well maintained park. We stayed in the new area that had 50 amp FHU at the park entrance. There are some beautiful sites on the lake further into the grounds if you don't require 50 amp, but due to the heat, we felt it wiser to take advantage and use our A/C. Personnel very nice and helpful. Walking trails, a lot of wild life, nice sized sites. Our area was all pull through; the lake sites were back-ins. Decent OTA TV signal. The only negative, for us, was our Verizon air card and cell phone had little to no signal. Other than that, we really enjoyed our time here and would return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Beech Fork State Park