Nearby Dayton, Wyoming (Air Miles)
Four Horsemen Art Galler
Wyoming
Dayton
Foothills Motel and Campground
2013-06-24 16:38:03
Dayton, Wyoming

This is Foothills Motel and Campground in Dayton, Wyoming. This poor little park is worn down and showing its age. The entire campground is entirely shaded. My site was a pull through, 50 amp. The owner showed me the sewer hookup by telling me it was that hole under that rock. There was a hole and it appeared to have a plastic pipe down in there, but I would never dump there because I would be afraid that the pipe would come out of the hole spraying sewerage everywhere. I didn't drink the water either. The site was grass grown up through gravel and was level enough. There was a considerable amount of junk around the edges and what appeared to be two or three abandoned trailers moldering away. There is access to a surprisingly nice city park, with a large dog park. The owners were nice enough. My 34 foot fifth wheel was about all this place could handle. I found the rates to be VERY high considering the condition of the park. Overall, it is a run down place owned by an elderly couple, who are doing the best that they can. I would only stay here again if I could not find other accommodations within a reasonable distance. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2012

yes (River)
June 2012
Prune Creek is one of 4 campgrounds easily accessed for us bigger rigs on Highway 14, East side of the Bighorn Mountains. Sites are level; vault toilets with water pumps between sites, no electric, no cell service, intermittent satellite service ... True 'camp' experience with good fishing & hiking. Senior passes (1/2 price) are honored on Bighorn Natl Forest camping. Supplies & eats are available from 3 lodges nearby. Other CG are Sibley just 1 mile East of Prune Creek and only one that has some electric sites; approx 2 miles West (just after Burgess Jct) and on 14A is North Tongue .. 1 mile on gravel but big rig accessible; and approx 4 miles westward past 14-14A junction on Highway 14 is Owen Creek - a smaller CG but just off highway and a couple of larger sites. Enjoy a primitive campsite in a bigger rig in these 4 campgrounds. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2011

7   8   10   9
question  question  question  yes
question  question  question  question
August 2011
Nice Forest Service campground. The lake is a short walk from the campsites. Long campsites, some closer together than others. Well marked Cross country ski trails next to campground made for excellent hiking trails. Forest Service Dump Station about 5 miles away near Burgess Junction. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2010
Beautiful Forest Service park in the Big Horn mountains. Big back in sites. I thought I was going to have 20amp power but to my surprise it was 30amp. The rate is with the Golden Age card. It wasn't 50% off for some reason but still not a bad price. There were water faucets scattered in the park. Satellite was easy to get where I camped. Nice campground and would definitely stay again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2006
Awesome campground. Perfect for families. Beautiful lake. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Sibley Lake